Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

So let me ask this, do yo think the idea of Angelos wanting to move to Nashville was completely fabricated, and then put in the lawsuit......for what reason exactly?  I'd love to hear where it came from if it wasn't true at all. Maybe they just made it up out of thin air.  Or maybe they know that is what he wants, because he has said so in the past. In private. 

Just now, TradeAngelos said:

So let me ask this, do yo think the idea of Angelos wanting to move to Nashville was completely fabricated, and then put in the lawsuit......for what reason exactly?  I'd love to hear where it came from if it wasn't true at all. Maybe they just made it up out of thin air.  Or maybe they know that is what he wants, because he has said so in the past. In private. 

It is in their for the same reason Louis brought up John Angelos's inability to pass the bar exam. Throwing everything he has got at the wall. I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

IT'S IN THE LAWSUIT. 

I didn't just make it up buddy. 

You conflated Lou speculating John wants to move the team when there was a potential sale. You speculated.

The story clearly reads there is no evidence of that. 

This is a family blood bath. That doesn’t mean what you were saying has any validity. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

You conflated Lou speculating John wants to move the team when there was a potential sale. You speculated.

The story clearly reads there is no evidence of that. 

This is a family blood bath. That doesn’t mean what you were saying has any validity. 

Based on what I heard back in the day,belief it or not that John's wife wanted to move the Orioles.Good for her career and nice contacts when your husband owns a major league franchise in town.

Just now, Going Underground said:

Based on what I heard back in the day,belief it or not that John's wife wanted to move the Orioles.Good for her career and nice contacts when your husband owns a major league franchise in town.

I can see that. Doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen. 

10 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

It is in their for the same reason Louis brought up John Angelos's inability to pass the bar exam. Throwing everything he has got at the wall. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Exactly, everything is designed to get people on Louis’ side and to make John look stupid.  John in public has appeared pretty smart and the team has been run pretty smoothly since Elias arrived.   

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

If John Angelos moves the team, I will stop watching baseball completely as much as it would break my heart. 

Do you think the MLB owners would approve the move of the team, in effect conceding that MLB can't succeed in a city boasting one of the sport's best and most storied venues?

Do you think the owners want to reward the Angeloses because they have warm feelings for the family, for their litigating the MASN issue, for making public previously secret business information in that litigation, for calling the Commissioner names in that litigation, for their being the leading (and unrepentent) "tanker" in MLB, for their liberal politics, for making the Orioles the laughingstock of baseball for much of the Angelos regime, and now for a new round of litigation that calls into question who has the right to make decisions about the team, promises to be nasty, is likely to surface a lot of dirt, and may result in disclosures of business facts that the owners want to keep private?

I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I do it all the time. I still have to get and read the complaint, but it's clear to me, on the information I've seen, that this is the death knell for Angelos ownership of the Orioles. Lou Angelos knew that when he filed the lawsuit, and he went ahead either because or despite of the fact that he was wrapping things up. What I've been saying for years has now become sort-of official: we're waiting only for Peter Angelos's demise or a complicated, probably multiu-step transaction that helps reduce the double tax hit 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Hopefully Peters wife wins control and a sale soon follows. John being owner hasnt really improved the situation. 

Disagree with this. John hired Elias who has built the kind of system that actually could allow the Orioles to compete.