Who do you want? Who do we take?

I’m in no position to say it has to be a specific person. And I don’t think anyone on here is, though there may be some people with scouting backgrounds who have thoroughly considered it. I do think there’s a group of people I would choose from:

Jones

Termarr

Green

Lee

Holliday

Outside of that, I’d have some concerns about the direction. 

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You keep saying in dismissing.  That’s a stupid thing to say.  I’m not dismissing anything no matter what bs narrative you want to push.

I’m just not weighing that at the level you are and I’m not positioning myself to be fine with anything that Elias does, like you seem to always do.

Im glad Berry and Johnson can hit and the scouts like that tool.  Too bad baseball is played more than just in the batters box.  There is more to the sport than that. I assume you realize this but maybe you don’t since you keep talking about dismissing.

Maybe you just weigh hitting higher than everything else and that’s fine but just because I don’t doesn’t mean im dismissing the reports of their hitting.  

As usual you are the first to start using words like "stupid".      Try to keep it civil.   

Just now, RZNJ said:

As usual you are the first to start using words like "stupid".      Try to keep it civil.   

Well I’m tired of your bs.  You want it civil?  Fine.  Stop making shit up because you want to push your narratives on everyone else.  

Don’t tell me how you think I’m thinking.  You worry about yourself and if you have a question, ask me.  Because your assumptions are terrible.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Andruw Jones isn’t being drafted and yes, I think the process matters a lot.  

And yea, we get it.  You will go with wherever Elias does because you are a slave to him.  That’s fine.

For me, there are only a few acceptable players to take and Johnson, Lee and Berry are not in that group.  You disagree.  I’m excited to hear it but I also really don’t care, just as you don’t care who I prefer.

A slave to him?  Haha.   I do care who you prefer.   I enjoy the back and forth until you start sinking to a different level of conversation.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well I’m tired of your bs.  You want it civil?  Fine.  Stop making shit up because you want to push your narratives on everyone else.  

Don’t tell me how you think I’m thinking.  You worry about yourself and if you have a question, ask me.  Because your assumptions are terrible.

You have issues.  lol

I'm pushing my narrative?  Do I call other people stupid when they disagree with me?   Do I say the Orioles have to do what I want and only what I want or they are stupid?    

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

OOOOOOOOMMMMMGGGG KEITH LAW HAS THE ORIOLES TAKING JONES #1 OVERALL OMMMMGGGGGG

Not with a lot of conviction though.

He said this as well:

Scouting report: Jones is the son of Andruw Jones, and his game bears many resemblances to his father’s, not least in the outfield, where Druw is already a plus defender and could work his way up to an elite level with experience. At the plate, he shows 70 power thanks to the strength in his wrists and forearms, with more power possible as he fills out further. And he has shown some bat control against amateur competition, with some understanding of when to pull the ball and when to try to go the other way. He’s a plus runner right now but may lose some of that down the road as he gets bigger, as his father did by age 24-25. The real question on Druw is whether he’ll hit – if he does, he’s a superstar, with 30/30 potential and a glove that should save 10 or more runs a year in center. If he’s more of a 45 bat, he still has plenty of major-league value due to the secondary skills, so he could be worth several WAR per year even with a .300ish on-base percentage. He’d have to be a worse hitter than even that to be something less than a regular, and the unlikeliness of that outcome combined with his very high ceiling make him the top prospect in this year’s draft class.

70 power.  Seems like a real problem at the plate!

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

A slave to him?  Haha.   I do care who you prefer.   I enjoy the back and forth until you start sinking to a different level of conversation.

Well I state what I want to do and you bitch about it.  I have been consistent about how the process matters to me and you bitch. 

So, the level is established by you and your tone and style.  I am More than fine to go there because I dont believe you really want that conversation.  You want to complain and troll.  

You want to take your passive aggressive shots.  That’s you.

7 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’m in no position to say it has to be a specific person. And I don’t think anyone on here is, though there may be some people with scouting backgrounds who have thoroughly considered it. I do think there’s a group of people I would choose from:

Jones

Termarr

Green

Lee

Holliday

Outside of that, I’d have some concerns about the direction. 

This is pretty much where I am, although I would have Collier on this list, and probably take off Green. The only one who has a higher defensive ceiling (based on position) is Holliday. Lee/Jones/Temarr/Collier all are projected to be at positions that have similar defensive value. I worry about Temarr's physique, and like that Collier has hit against higher level pitching at a younger age. Lee is probably the safest pick to be a major league starter. Jones/Holliday/Collier are the most likely to become stars (although it's highly unlikely). 

What I'm not sure I get is all the people who think we should take Jones, but dismiss Lee/Temarr because they're going to be 2b or 3b. Those positions are equally valuable defensively as cf. Honestly, I just think to many people are getting swept up in the draft boards Jones hype. And have decided he is sliced bread. I'd be happy if the Orioles picked him, but I don't think he's a slam dunk 

22 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

We get it.   No matter what happens, Andruw Jones was the right choice.   So you're right even if you're wrong.  Gotta love it.

Perfect example of what I was talking about.  You just have to do it and you cry about me being civil?  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well I state what I want to do and you bitch about it.  I have been consistent about how the process matters to me and you bitch. 

So, the level is established by you and your tone and style.  I am More than fine to go there because I dont believe you really want that conversation.  You want to complain and troll.  

You want to take your passive aggressive shots.  That’s you.

You can dish it out but you can't take it.    Nothing new.    Maybe some day you'll grow up but it's getting a bit late for that.

1 hour ago, joelala said:

Fair. So a star offensive player, not superstar. I suppose he gets his superstar label from the full package. And the massive contract.  

No question Manny is a superstar based on the full package.  I’d agree he’s not a superstar for his career if all you look at is offense.   On the other hand, he’s one of only 17 players to have both 250 homers and 1500 hits before turning 30. So his offense is certainly really good.  And so far this year, his offense has been at superstar level.