Austin Voth

accinfo

Thoughts on Voth @Tony-OH, from a scouting point of view?

From a stats point of view I'm not really seeing anything that's saying "fluke" or "regression to the mean pending," he looks more or less like the real deal, better than Wells (statistically), who we give a lot of plaudits around here. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

Thoughts on Voth @Tony-OH, from a scouting point of view?

From a stats point of view I'm not really seeing anything that's saying "fluke" or "regression to the mean pending," he looks more or less like the real deal, better than Wells (statistically), who we give a lot of plaudits around here. 

A nice start wasted by the usually reliable pen.

8 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Speaking of that, does anybody know when Wells will be back?

He pitched in rehab Sunday for the Baysox, and was still on their roster on Tuesday when I last checked.  It was a good outing, 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, justD said:

He pitched in rehab Sunday for the Baysox, and was still on their roster on Tuesday when I last checked.  It was a good outing, 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K. 

That's Alexander Wells that pitched in rehab for Bowie.

I would GUESS that @O's84 was asking about Tyler Wells, given that we miss him much more than Alexander at the major league level, he was kind of our ace after Means went down.

But who knows, maybe he was asking about Alexander.

Anyway, the last I heard on Tyler was that he just started playing catch within the last copule days.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SteveA said:

That's Alexander Wells that pitched in rehab for Bowie.

I would GUESS that @O's84 was asking about Tyler Wells, given that we miss him much more than Alexander at the major league level, he was kind of our ace after Means went down.

But who knows, maybe he was asking about Alexander.

Anyway, the last I heard on Tyler was that he just started playing catch within the last copule days.

Oops, of course. 

It's been that kind of a screwup day for me, and not just here.  I should probably go take a nap. 

Every time Voth or Kremer has a good outing, the likelihood that the O's pick up Lyles' option falls.  I'm to the point of thinking that the O's just need to get one good FA starter this offseason, let Lyles walk and otherwise go with what they have.  If they have more money to spend, get a middle of the order bat at 1B, corner OF or DH.  

10 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Every time Voth or Kremer has a good outing, the likelihood that the O's pick up Lyles' option falls.  I'm to the point of thinking that the O's just need to get one good FA starter this offseason, let Lyles walk and otherwise go with what they have.  If they have more money to spend, get a middle of the order bat at 1B, corner OF or DH.  

I'm with you if the TOR SP is a truly significant add, like a Verlander on a huge $$ short term contract or someone like Brandon Woodruff/Corbin Burns/Zac Gallen/Shane Bieber. 

And deal Mountcastle if a reasonable offer presents itself and spend for a highly productive 1B/DH combo. 

And it could very well be that their analytics see something in Lyles that causes them to renegotiate his next year to 2-3 years at a lesser overall average salary cost and keep him too. 

11 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Wells, Voth, Kremer, Grayson, + FA signing with Spenser Watkins as our 6th SP (probably want to go with a 6 man rotation with Grayson and Wells) would be my idea.

Definitely don't see the need for Lyles, with Means eventually coming back, and also Hall (and Povich?) waiting in the wings and hopefully continuing to develop. 

10 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

Wells, Voth, Kremer, Grayson, + FA signing with Spenser Watkins as our 6th SP (probably want to go with a 6 man rotation with Grayson and Wells) would be my idea.

Definitely don't see the need for Lyles, with Means eventually coming back, and also Hall (and Povich?) waiting in the wings and hopefully continuing to develop. 

Completely forgot about Bradish. Who's the odd man out if we sign someone in FA or bring someone in via trade?