Austin Voth

accinfo

27 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe for once the Orioles have picked up a waiver wire reclamation project that turns around their career with the Orioles. I don't know if Voth can keep pitching at this level, but I never thought he would be this good even over a short stretch.

Guthrie did.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Tyler Wells?

Bradish is improving in the 2nd half.

Means may be healthy in the 2nd half of 2023.

So I’d imagine they keep six starters and will have some guys to deal if they sign a TOR. I wouldn’t think they add more than 1 guy then and possibly let Lyles walk.

49 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So I’d imagine they keep six starters and will have some guys to deal if they sign a TOR. I wouldn’t think they add more than 1 guy then and possibly let Lyles walk.

I think Elias will want at least 8 pitchers that can start in the majors on his 40 man roster to begin the season.   Not all of them have to be in the majors.

I will always be happy to see Elias add someone that is better than what the O's have.

If your the Nationals you have to be thinking much what Elias was thinking when Mike Yastrzemski was sent packing and shockingly started hitting lots of homeruns and playing good outfield for the Giants.   The Nats must be kicking themselves that maybe they could have a solid starter if they had just figured out how to fix Voth.  

Its a great story for us.

On 8/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, Roll Tide said:

He and Kremer are in my rotation for next year. Depending on what I can add in a TOR would depend on the rest. I pencil in Grayson Rod and probably bring back Lyles to be my #3 or #4 to start the season. Watkins would be my #6 unless I can get a really good player for him. I think we need one more leverage reliever. Tate, Perez, and Bautista are a solid back end but I want to have one more dominant guy.

Amen to Kremer and Voth.  If you add a healthy John Means and Tyler Wells to the mix, plus the consistency of Jordan Lyles, and Kyle Bradish v. 2.0, and suddenly you have a multiplicity of riches for a starting rotation.

• 3 weeks later...

Another very fine effort by Voth wasted: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 6 Ks. Does anyone think he should have been allowed to pitch the 6th? Had only thrown 83 pitches.

Voth's line from 16 starts for the O's:

4-3, 2.78 ERA, 1.16 WHIP,  64 Ks/19 BBs in 71.33 innings, only 7 HRs.

The O's don't seem to trust Voth to face a lineup three times and the stats back it up. Maybe he can improve on that next season by learning a slider.

• Upvote 1