Mayo, Cowser and Norby promoted to Bowie

baltimoreO's22

Interesting that they moved Norby as well. He's been in quite the slump over his last 100 PAs, slashing .211/.290/,344/.634. 

Both Cowser and Mayo have been hitting better of late so nice to see them get the bump. Gotta imagine Kjerstad is going to Aberdeen. 

• Upvote 1

It's getting real!

Kjerstad has to go to ABD next.

Bowie infield kinda crowded with Prieto, Mayo, Norby, and Ortiz. Will Mayo play 1B or more moves coming? 

At the lower levels it seems like Elias is following a predetermined plan as long as they hit certain thresholds rather than determining promotions based on how good their numbers are. Keep moving them up and see what they can do. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

It's getting real!

Bowie infield kinda crowded with Prieto, Mayo, Norby, and Ortiz. Will Mayo play 1B or more moves coming? 

At the lower levels it seems like Elias is following a predetermined plan as long as they hit certain thresholds rather than determining promotions based on how good their numbers are. Keep moving them up and see what they can do. 

I.  Hate.  This.  Thought.  And a few people  have expressed it, so I don't want to feel like I'm signaling you out.  But the guy has a 70 arm.  He needs to be tried at dang nearly every other position before 1st.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

It's getting real!

I assume they’ll rotate people in at DH. Hasn’t Prieto played LF?

28 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

It's getting real!

Having Prieto makes the Norby move that much more of a headscratcher unless they plan to start playing Prieto at SS more. Ortiz has hit himself out of a priority play and will need to find PAs where he can.

Well, this is exciting for Bowie fans, who haven’t had much to watch since Henderson and Westburg were promoted.   I agree that a move of Kjerstad to Aberdeen seems imminent.

I’ll be interested to see how the three respond to the challenge.   None of them blasted the doors off at Aberdeen, and as others noted, Norby has been slumping since being hit in the face with a pitch and spending time on the IL.   I can think of some times when players got promoted in similar situations and did better at the higher level than the lower level.   So, it will be interesting.