Mancini trade market heating up? Orioles willing to deal Santander? Yankees and Mets?

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Correct. Somebody (Bowden?) suggested Hamel and Ziegler for Mancini, which was much too generous. Now a Twitter handle suggested Lee, which seems too weak (unless that's all this market ultimately supports, but wouldn't make sense as our initial asking price). 

I picked Hamel and Ziegler from just looking at their prospect list on MLB. I didn’t know Bowden said that. 

If we’re within 5 games of a WC spot, then I’m not trading Mancini. Considering we’d only have 3 games each versus NYY and TB. 

I’d rather hold onto Mancini and make a run at a WC and .500 versus getting back 1-2 Zack Peek types. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Trading Mancini and Tate to the Mets, Mullins to the Marlins and Santander for Snell would be so great for this franchise imo.  

Pardon me for not seeing your expected return for Mullins from Miami prior, I'm sure you posted it.

I do not anticipate they will trade Mullins, but I agree it could be a gigantic return.

What would you need back?

Just want to say, for me the two weeks before the trade deadline are about the worst part of the whole season.  So much speculation that never really lines up with what happens.   The actual trades are interesting but the endless hypothetical deals wear me out.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not discouraging anyone from discussing this.   I know a lot of people love to guess what deals might occur.  I’m just not one of those people.   And, I kind of feel sorry for the players who are rumored to be on the block, because things are so unsettled for them, even if they may eventually be happy about their new destination.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Trading Mancini and Tate to the Mets, Mullins to the Marlins and Santander for Snell would be so great for this franchise imo.  

Depends on the return for Mullins and Tate, and we have no idea whether SD is really willing to do Santander for Snell. I agree we should be hearing offers on all these players as well as pursuing veteran starters and/or top 100 pitching prospects.

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Pardon me for not seeing your expected return for Mullins from Miami prior, I'm sure you posted it.

I do not anticipate they will trade Mullins, but I agree it could be a gigantic return.

What would you need back?

First of all, I agree they won’t trade him.

But the Marlins represent the best fit.  If I’m going to assume they keep Meyer and Eury Perez, I’m thinking Lopez (a guy the Marlins are rumored to be shopping and the Os are rumored to be interested in), Eder and Yiddi Cappe would be my targeted package.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

First of all, I agree they won’t trade him.

But the Marlins represent the best fit.  If I’m going to assume they keep Meyer and Eury Perez, I’m thinking Lopez (a guy the Marlins are rumored to be shopping and the Os are rumored to be interested in), Eder and Yiddi Cappe would be my targeted package.

Thanks, I like Eder, too. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the MLB team if Elias pulls the trigger on some of these guys. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

So I am not against trading any of these players you mentioned but I am curious how we backfill 2 OF positions and our DH if Mancini, Santander and Mullins were all to be traded.  Stowers is ready for a chance, agreed, that is one OF position. Diaz? I want to see him but does he really deserve it? Do we think Cowser is ready to come up or will be ready next year? Or do we need to bring an OF back in one of these deals?

2 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

So I am not against trading any of these players you mentioned but I am curious how we backfill 2 OF positions and our DH if Mancini, Santander and Mullins were all to be traded.  Stowers is ready for a chance, agreed, that is one OF position. Diaz? I want to see him but does he really deserve it? Do we think Cowser is ready to come up or will be ready next year? Or do we need to bring an OF back in one of these deals?

Stowers plays one position…Diaz can come up.  Also, Mateo gets time out there and Vavra as well.  McKenna as well.