Sunday, July 10: Orioles play at noon on Peacock TV, trying for longest win streak since '05

SteveA

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

Just the way it goes. I live in Cubs, White Sox, Reds territory so any time the O's play them I can't watch with MLB.tv.

I have similar issue living in the As and Giants market, but i can still watch those games on the TV on their stations. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn’t realized that.  For the record I don’t want either as an impact guy.  I wouldn’t be upset if we picked up an innings eater type to absorb some load.  
    • I remember when we relied upon the Rule 5 draft to find ML players. I'm glad those days are gone.
    • Also, it’s just a numbers game that some sub set of AA/AAA guys will make some contribution in the MLB at some point.  You could probably take the bottom 10% of our farm system right now and the odds are that one of those guys will do something to contribute at the MLB level over some period of time. 
    • @Greg Pappas the question everyone is asking about the O's overall draft strategy is, (and I am paraphrasing here), how do they get premium starting pitching into the system without targeting it in the early rounds of the draft? I think you can look back on all of those drafts you have reviewed and find pitchers that the O's passed over that have been successful, to some extent, in pro ball.  So do they go in a different direction? Latin American? Asia? It seems like they have shyed away from pitching entirely if it requires them to risk significant $. It appears that they draft pitchers with one or two measurable skills in the later rounds for less money; almost as if they are hedging their bets. Of course, given the cost of premium starting pitching on the open market, if they hit on one or two it might seem a brilliant strategy.
    • After the YES guys told us that Stroman is a GB pitcher and the Rays are GB hitters, leadoff HR off Stroman followed by three fly balls/line drives to the OFs. Stroman sinker not sinking, it appears. NYYs loaded the bases with one out, didn't score.   1-0 TB after the first.
    • Kikuchi had a strong first month. He’s been awful since then. The worst ERA (6.62) in baseball among full-time starters over the last two months. And the FIP is pretty weak (4.45) during that span as well. I’d think he’s closer to being a DFA than he is to an SP3 in a playoff rotation at this point . Realistically, we shouldn’t want either Kikuchi or Anderson, if we’re looking for an SP3. I wouldn’t pay much more than cash and maybe one prospect in the 25-40 range for either of them. 
    • Hell no. Lmao. Snell in general. I’d rather Papa Rubenstein pay the salary price versus the farm what it will take for Skubal or Crochet.  Us having the WALL, and not having a LH SP for that WALL in the playoffs, is dumb. We need a LH SP. Snell. 
  • Popular Contributors