Lol the Red Sox are so bad

Greenpastures23

It would be awesome if we finish the season ahead of them and not in last place in the AL East. Obviously at .500 we wouldn't be last place in any other division (and at least tied for 3rd in any other division by the NL East), but it would be nice to finish the season out of the cellar and close to .500. 

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

If you really get enjoyment from the Red Sox playing poorly...

That montage is really something.  The stats (traditional and sabermetric) don’t show the Red Sox as a bad defensive team, but a lot of those plays on the montage are downright clownish.  I doubt you could find a similar number of plays that terrible by the O’s this year, even though like any team they’ve had some miscues.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That montage is really something.  The stats (traditional and sabermetric) don’t show the Red Sox as a bad defensive team, but a lot of those plays on the montage are downright clownish.  I doubt you could find a similar number of plays that terrible by the O’s this year, even though like any team they’ve had some miscues.  

And that video is just from the month of July, and it's not even over yet! 

4 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

We seem to struggle mightily with Eovaldi and Pivetta, and JD Martinez has eaten our lunch ever since the 2014 ALDS.  So if we are successful against Boston the rest of the year, it is because we have finally tamed those beasts.

Yes, we always hit terribly against Eovaldi.

I saw today on MLB TR that the Sox are listening to offers on JD Martinez. Would definitely help us if he gets traded. 

28 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I was glad they beat Cleveland last night, and am tactically rooting for them this series.

Story sounds chomping at the bit to get back.

Why would you ever be rooting for Boston, especially against a non-division team??

37 minutes ago, nevadaO said:

Why would you ever be rooting for Boston, especially against a non-division team??

If he thinks Cleveland presents more of a threat to stay ahead of us for the wild card than Boston?

We have to pass both of them and one other team to get a wild card.