Lol the Red Sox are so bad

Greenpastures23

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

If he thinks Cleveland presents more of a threat to stay ahead of us for the wild card than Boston?

We have to pass both of them and one other team to get a wild card.

Meh, I'd still be debating it at that point lol

3 hours ago, Just Regular said:

I feel CLE and BAL have 83.5 win potential, and BOS does not.

Though you can never predict baseball.

Fair enough, the way I read it I thought it was personal preference! I just worked 15 hours straight so I apologize.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Love to see it.  Boston misery is the best, I hate them more than the Yankees.  

I don't like the Yankees, but I at least respect their sustained success as a franchise. The Red Sox went over 80 years without winning the World Series, and since 2004 their fans beat their chests like they've won as many titles as the Yankees. 

My interactions with Yankees fans over the years have been far better than ones with Red Sox fans. I delight in their misery. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't like the Yankees, but I at least respect their sustained success as a franchise. The Red Sox went over 80 years without winning the World Series, and since 2004 their fans beat their chests like they've won as many titles as the Yankees. 

My interactions with Yankees fans over the years have been far better than ones with Red Sox fans. I delight in their misery. 

That’s because they Yankee fans have gotten complacent and the Sox fans aren’t there yet. When you haven’t won a thing and now you’re winning, naturally you’re going to do some built up bragging. Who wouldn’t? I live in WNY and already you can’t tell Bills fans nothing and they haven’t won jack. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Screw that.   My son turns 30 this fall and he has never experienced the delight of the Yankees having a losing season.   Their fans start moping any time they’re not on pace to win 95+ games.   They are sickeningly spoiled.  I would love for them to get a taste of what the fans of every other team go through at least occasionally.   If it ever happens in my lifetime, I will rub it in like there’s no tomorrow — because it might never happen again.   

And no I don’t like Red Sox fans either, but at least they know what it’s like to lose.   

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I have no respect for the Yankees.  Them winning is like a Rockefeller getting into Harvard. It hard to not have a winning season when you have three or four times the resources of much of your competition.

And the Red Sox, they're just as bad.  Ohhh... woe is us, we hadn't won the Series in 80 years.  So what?  They've had two seasons under a .450 winning percentage in my lifetime.  The Orioles top that in the 2020s.

I'd be thrilled if both teams won 50 games a year for the rest of my kids' lives.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

And no I don’t like Red Sox fans either, but at least they know what it’s like to lose.   

A $500M+ annual revenue team tanking a year once in a long while to retool and get some high draft picks isn't teaching their fans a lesson about losing.  It reeks of the same entitlement and faux street cred Yanks fans have when talking about that brief period in the 80s and early 90s when Alvaro Espinoza was their shortstop and they weren't winning 97 games a year.

• Haha 1