If it seems like we don’t score much in the early innings…

Frobby

They don't score much against the other teams starters, seem to do well against middle relief. By opening day 2025, Rutschman is the only keeper as far as positional players go. In the next couple of years get what you can for the rest, Mullins, Hays, Santander, Urias and Mountcastle. Need hitters with better on base skills.

1 hour ago, oldfan said:

They don't score much against the other teams starters, seem to do well against middle relief. By opening day 2025, Rutschman is the only keeper as far as positional players go. In the next couple of years get what you can for the rest, Mullins, Hays, Santander, Urias and Mountcastle. Need hitters with better on base skills.

Wel I hope we don’t trade any of these guys just to “get what we can.” 

22 minutes ago, joelala said:

Wel I hope we don’t trade any of these guys just to “get what we can.” 

I think that's the result of any trade, don't you?  Elias will get what he can.   I don't think he's going to trade guys just for the sake of trading guys if that's what you mean, there's got to be a return that makes sense.  But we shouldn't pretend that the listed players are going to get us great talent coming back unless there's a diamond in the rough somewhere.  

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think that's the result of any trade, don't you?  Elias will get what he can.   I don't think he's going to trade guys just for the sake of trading guys if that's what you mean, there's got to be a return that makes sense.  But we shouldn't pretend that the listed players are going to get us great talent coming back unless there's a diamond in the rough somewhere.  

Oh they definitely won’t get us great talent. But at some point the determination has to be made if they’re worth more to us than they are to anyone else. And for the time being i think Mullins at least certainly is. I suppose I bristled a bit at the pessimism of the post i originally quoted. I do agree that all the players he listed aside from Mullins are techno expendable as we move forward. 

Just now, joelala said:

Oh they definitely won’t get us great talent. But at some point the determination has to be made if they’re worth more to us than they are to anyone else. And for the time being i think Mullins at least certainly is. I suppose I bristled a bit at the pessimism of the post i originally quoted. I do agree that all the players he listed aside from Mullins are techno expendable as we move forward. 

*technically expendable. Though techno is also very expendable. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

Mullins is slashing .179/.250/.274 in the first inning this year. It's hard to score much when you're constantly starting from one out, none on. Last year he hit .348/.383/.631 in the first. 

As I've posted in another thread, it's time to put Mancini in the leadoff position and move Mullins to 6th or 7th in the lineup.

13 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

Mullins is slashing .179/.250/.274 in the first inning this year. It's hard to score much when you're constantly starting from one out, none on. Last year he hit .348/.383/.631 in the first. 

Hopefully this starts to naturally average back out and isn’t a case of last year pitchers were challenging him more because he hadn’t hit 30 HR. 

38 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Brandon Hyde read your posts.   Look at today's lineup.

Let's hope stacking the right-handed bats yields more fruit than it did with Yarbrough Thursday.

Lodolo in his first 30-ish MLB innings has that 900 - 500 type OPS split.    It seems like Lodolo's outputs could be in the same general range as those DL Hall might produce.