A lot of Elias notes/quotes

interloper

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The comp being a lefty pitcher out of college who put up big stats in the lower minors.

I already said not all of those guys are created equal.  However, I stand by my point that Povich isn’t a special arm.  He isn’t someone you can’t find or is hard to obtain.  Now, maybe he beats the odds and develops when so many don’t.

Again, see the tweet I posted about the guy the Cubs got for Robertson.

There's a middle ground between D.L. Hall and Brent Lowther.   You seem to want to lump everyone that is not elite into one big bucket.   You do a lot of research usually.  Why don't you stop asking questions and do a little?

Just now, RZNJ said:

There's a middle ground between D.L. Hall and Brent Lowther.   You seem to want to lump everyone that is not elite into one big bucket.   You do a lot of research usually.  Why don't you stop asking questions and do a little?

Well I must admit, I didn’t do any research on Brent Lowther.  You got me there!

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well I must admit, I didn’t do any research on Brent Lowther.  You got me there!

I provided a Baseball America writeup on Povich.    Too bad you missed it.   It answered a lot of questions you've had in this thread.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Did you provide one for Brent Lowther too?  I would like to read that one.

Ranked Baltimore Orioles #30 prospect in-season in 2022
Track Record: After earning the Orioles’ minor league pitcher of the year honors in 2018 and an all-star nod at Double-A Bowie in 2019, Lowther’s career slowed significantly. He missed time with a shoulder strain in 2021 and was hit hard once he reached the big leagues. His time at Triple-A Norfolk wasn’t much better, representing the first real struggles he’s had as a pro.

Scouting Report: Lowther has never had premium velocity, with a four-seam fastball that averages 89-91 mph but plays up because of his ability to get down the mound and generate extension. It’s not a hoppy fastball, though, which limits its effectiveness in the zone. He used his high-spin curveball effectively in the majors, as well as the slider he learned in the 2020 shutdown, but neither those nor his changeup project to be plus pitches. Lowther needs to be fine with his command and pitch backwards to succeed in the majors, and was able to pitch well in 2021 when he did that.

The Future: Lowther learned the margin for error that he’ll have to live in to be a big league starter in 2021, and still has a chance to be a No. 5 starter or bulk pitcher with refinement.

Ranked Minnesota Twins #21 prospect in-season in 2022
Midseason Update: A skinny lefty who showed flashes of dominance and plenty of stretches of effectiveness at Nebraska, the Twins 2021 third-round pick has impressed at High-A Cedar Rapids, but the best is likely yet to come. Povich has plenty of projection left because he’s still so skinny. His outings show it as well, as he struggles to maintain the 94-96 mph velocity he begins games with for more than an inning or two. But even when he settles into the low 90s, his four-pich mix gives him enough to pile up strikeouts.

There you go.  Ignorance is no longer a defense!!!   LOL

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hey, sorry to interrupt while SG and the big angry guy from NJ do their thing. Just wanted to say I don’t think Elias flew to Texas Roadhouse meet with everyone post deadline if he has any intentions of . 

Back to your regularly scheduled showdown between SG and RZNJ!

Clearly Elias was pumped up about something. Lets hope he's right. 

• Upvote 1