Adam Dunn on our list?

BRob51

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You seem to have a crystal ball. Can you tell me the state of our SP, post '10 that would preclude our interest or willingness to pursue some of thes fellows?

Sorry, my 'No Way's just meant that I think we need to stay away from these guys. Old, falling apart, platoon. Just not the answers. The 'keep dreaming' is that you know our FO isn't going to shell out $150 mil+ contracts for these guys. We had a better fit than any of them just last week in Tex and they wouldn't do it. Not saying he is better than Pujols or maybe even Berkman, but just that I can't see PA allowing AM to spend the needed cash on them.

I'd like Adrian Gonzalez, but I think his under the radar days are over and will be in LAA, LAD or Boston when the time comes due to money. Not as much as the 5 star guys, but more than we will pay.

I think our 1B is either a drafted guy or a trade. If it's a FA, I think Dunn is the closest we are going to get in terms of pricing and worth the dollar. But his defense is horrific.

Or we sign one of these guys after '10

Lance Berkman

Paul Konerko

Derrek Lee

Seung-yeop Lee

Lyle Overbay

Carlos Pena

Albert Pujols

Chris Shelton

Kevin Youkilis, or maybe wait for one of these guys the next year,

Greg Dobbs

Adrian Gonzalez T

Todd Helton

Ryan Howard

Conor Jackson

Lance Niekro

I would love the guys in bold print and might come here.

If either one of these guys is signed, I may very well be done with this team.

Honestly, the trash they throw out there is pathetic. Sorry, I didnt mean to say that Hinske and Casey are trash, but they just flat out suck.

Markakis, Jones, and Guthrie are the only reason I watch this team. And Weiters, Tillman, Matsuz, and Arrieta will be my only reason for the future.

Well, if they do sign these guys, I will by no means be done with this team.

However, I will be an extremely aggravated, enraged, dissapointed and mentally unstable fan of this team.

And yes Hinske and Casey are trash. I would be willing to bet Reimold could match their production at a fraction of the cost.

Well, if they do sign these guys, I will by no means be done with this team.

However, I will be an extremely aggravated, enraged, dissapointed and mentally unstable fan of this team.

And yes Hinske and Casey are trash. I would be willing to bet Reimold could match their production at a fraction of the cost.

What do you think Reimold's projection for 2009 if he was a starter?

What do you think Reimold's projection for 2009 if he was a starter?

If he was given around 500 AB's:

.260/.330/.450 (.790 OPS)

20 HR in roughly 500 AB's wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just for comparison:

Eric Hinske-.773 career OPS

Sean Casey-.814 career OPS (Hasn't topped .800 since 2004)

Now, I will be the first to admit that projecting stats form AA to the majors is far, far from an exact science. Those numbers are just what I would predict, IMHO.

Carlos Pena Should've have taken the chance on him - these are the kinda players we need. Like Chris Britton when we traded him for Jaret freakin' Wright. Keep the young cheap guys, take chances on those types.

Britton was non-tendered by the Yankees after bouncing back in forth from AAA to the Bigs. He is now trying to catch on with the Friars on a minor league deal.

So it wasn't exactly Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.

Archived