Updated Baseball America Top 100 List Out-Post Draft (Gunnar #1)

ManciniFan

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

His poor start is likely the reason.  Remember, he had fallen off of these lists.  If he keeps this up and gets to AAA and plays well, he will go much higher by the offseason imo.

If that's the reason for Cowser being low on the list, shouldn't Hall be a lot higher? He was strong out of the gate, wasn't he? It was only recently that he had had a couple bad outings.  

13 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

It's nice that Gunnar could be an above average shortstop, but Jorge Mateo is way above average.  Let Gunnar play 3B and we have two gold glovers in the infield.  

I would like to see him get some 3b looks at Norfolk 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Brooks Lee ahead of Holliday is just stupid unless you are solely valuing closeness to the majors and I think Holliday could be up as fast.

Their top 3 pre draft were Jones, Lee, Holliday.  By the way, Lee already has 3 or 4 games in the FCL.

No Oriole draft picks played today. Maybe they arranged an inter squad game?

Edited by RZNJ

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Their top 3 pre draft were Jones, Lee, Holliday.  By the way, Lee already has 3 or 4 games in the FCL.

No Oriole draft picks played today. Maybe they arranged an inter squad game?

I would probably guess yes to intrasquad. They highschool kids also probably take a little bit longer to get orientation / acclimation / game-playing ready than the college guys. I would ask when Mayo first got into a game but that was COVID year. So, I guess, Gunnar is the example to look at for when signing to first game happened.