Updated Baseball America Top 100 List Out-Post Draft (Gunnar #1)

ManciniFan

Nice to see.   As you can see these lists are fluid and the needle moves on performance.  I can see Cowser and Westburg moving up with strong finishes to the season, particularly Cowser.  Have to think Ortiz and Mayo are not too far off this list.  

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Where was Henderson ranked in that draft?  Somewhere in the 30s?

I don't recall him being considered a reach or having dropped.

I think he was selected right about where expected.

I remember someone saying the O's got a first round talent and replying, yea, first pick of the second round that sounds about right.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Nice to see.   As you can see these lists are fluid and the needle moves on performance.  I can see Cowser and Westburg moving up with strong finishes to the season, particularly Cowser.  Have to think Ortiz and Mayo are not too far off this list.  

I would be surprised if Ortiz was close.  

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't recall him being considered a reach or having dropped.

I think he was selected right about where expected.

I remember someone saying the O's got a first round talent and replying, yea, first pick of the second round that sounds about right.

Yea that’s what I was remembering too.  They didn’t reach but didn’t get a top 15 guy either. (At least according to the “experts”).

31 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Probably right but he should be, IMO.  On our own list here, he's gaining on Westburg and I like Westburg a lot.

I don’t think you know enough about other players to say that.

His overall BA and OBP in AA isn’t that good.  He was awful in April and June and mediocre in May.

He has been great since the beginning of July.   That doesn’t equal a top 100 prospect.

I know the defense is supposed to be excellent and the bat is currently looking good but he needs a larger sample size of that to be in consideration.

Edited by Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Tough to rate a guy so highly based off one hot month. 

Keith Law had him rated highly before the season and the Orioles were obviously very high on him before and during last season.  To me, his now hot 5 weeks is just confirming that they were right.  Sure, let's wait another 5 weeks.