Jump to content

Updated Baseball America Top 100 List Out-Post Draft (Gunnar #1)


ManciniFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nice to see.   As you can see these lists are fluid and the needle moves on performance.  I can see Cowser and Westburg moving up with strong finishes to the season, particularly Cowser.  Have to think Ortiz and Mayo are not too far off this list.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Where was Henderson ranked in that draft?  Somewhere in the 30s?

I don't recall him being considered a reach or having dropped.

I think he was selected right about where expected.

I remember someone saying the O's got a first round talent and replying, yea, first pick of the second round that sounds about right.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Nice to see.   As you can see these lists are fluid and the needle moves on performance.  I can see Cowser and Westburg moving up with strong finishes to the season, particularly Cowser.  Have to think Ortiz and Mayo are not too far off this list.  

I would be surprised if Ortiz was close.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't recall him being considered a reach or having dropped.

I think he was selected right about where expected.

I remember someone saying the O's got a first round talent and replying, yea, first pick of the second round that sounds about right.

Yea that’s what I was remembering too.  They didn’t reach but didn’t get a top 15 guy either. (At least according to the “experts”).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I would be surprised if Ortiz was close.  

Probably right but he should be, IMO.  On our own list here, he's gaining on Westburg and I like Westburg a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Probably right but he should be, IMO.  On our own list here, he's gaining on Westburg and I like Westburg a lot.

I don’t think you know enough about other players to say that.

His overall BA and OBP in AA isn’t that good.  He was awful in April and June and mediocre in May.

He has been great since the beginning of July.   That doesn’t equal a top 100 prospect.

I know the defense is supposed to be excellent and the bat is currently looking good but he needs a larger sample size of that to be in consideration.

 

Edited by Sports Guy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Tough to rate a guy so highly based off one hot month. 

Keith Law had him rated highly before the season and the Orioles were obviously very high on him before and during last season.  To me, his now hot 5 weeks is just confirming that they were right.  Sure, let's wait another 5 weeks.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...