Friday, August 12: Orioles visit Rays to play biggest series since Obama was president, Joe Flacco was QB, and Tik Tok didn't exist yet

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I am kind of bummed out.  I was rooting for SD.  Wanted them to get a payoff for being so brave with the Soto trade.  

"I have been informed by Major League Baseball that a test sample I submitted returned a positive result for Clostebol, a banned substance. It turns out that I inadvertently took a medication to treat ringworm that contained Closteblol. I should have used the resources available to me in order to ensure that no banned substances were in what I took. I failed to do so.

“I want to apologize to [Padres chairman] Peter [Seidler], [general manager] A.J. [Preller], the entire Padres organization, my teammates, Major League Baseball, and fans everywhere for my mistake. I have no excuse for my error, and I would never do anything to cheat or disrespect this game I love.

“I have taken countless drug tests throughout my professional career, including on March 29, 2022, all of which have returned negative results until this test.

"I am completely devastated. There is nowhere else in the world I would rather be than on the field competing with my teammates. After initially appealing the suspension, I have realized that my mistake was the cause of this result, and for that reason I have decided to start serving my suspension immediately. I look forward to rejoining my teammates on the field in 2023.”

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

This ump really going to give Kluber those outside strikes and won't give Voth the same on the opposite side of the plate?

The umpires have been bad for over a week now and have appeared to be one sided. Adley and Vavra struck out on pitches off the edge and our guys didn’t consistently get the edge.