Orioles at Rays. Sunday, August 14th

sportsfan8703

29 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

It’s the 4th inning.

It’s now the end of our 6th inning.   54 pitches, no hits.   We just do not have a pitcher in our rotation as good as this guy or even the guy from yesterday.  Maybe we will soon but not yet.   Unless this guy runs into the wall or something …soon.. hopefully. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

It’s now the end of our 6th inning.   54 pitches, no hits.   We just do not have a pitcher in our rotation as good as this guy or even the guy from yesterday.  Maybe we will soon but not yet.   Unless this guy runs into the wall or something …soon.. hopefully. 

Agreed, but in the 4th inning the game is hardly a lost cause when they’re only down by three runs. 

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I don’t think I’ve ever posted in two different game threads for the same game. I wish it meant something, but it’s less than satisfying so far.

Me too.  If anyone ever seems like he is going to pitch a perfect game, it is this guy today. 

15 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

i'm gonna text my Rays friends. I encourage everyone to ... ;)

A text I sent to one of my Rays' friends. Sort of one of those "I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of a perfect game" kind of things a politician would say. 

"Hey Jack. I don't believe in jinxes, but in case you do, I encourage you to check the Rays box score. Not a no-no, but the other thing. Through six innings."

I realized I sort of fudged to him, as a perfect game is a no-no. But hey, if we can't produce heroics, it's time to start cheating. And allow me be the first. 

Edited by NashLumber
Earl's cheating reference.

These last two games have been puzzling to say the least from starting Hall for major league debut only to plan to send him down.  The lineup yesterday with Adley nit catching and all right lineup.  Then today a huge game no Varva and no Mountcastle while playing Phillips and Nevin.  Mountcastle has struggled but I still think I’d rather him start the Nevin and Phillips doesn’t even look like a major league most the time.  I get you want to give some guys rest and to get bench a game or two but why this one.