Saturday afternoon August 20: Boog Powell Bobblehead Day vs the Red Sox

SteveA

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

Yankees are going to be in the wild card chase at this rate.

I would bet against that and I'm not a betting man: their starting rotation is just too much better than everyone else's and the slumping or injured hitters will get hot enough in time.  It is amazing that they could have such a long tailspin and still be 6 games ahead in the loss column.

I'd rather the Jays and Rays expend all their ammo and energy trying to catch the Ys and come in too exhausted to win series against us. Since the target is the Wild Card I'm still completely hopeful.

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

I have been against Robo umps for years but at this point I am now in favor of them.  It isn’t just the poor umpires but the lack of accountability they have for them when it is clear they are calling a poor game.  

At first you will miss the umpires when they have robo strike zone....but after a short time you will ever forget baseball used to be in the dark ages and lazy humans called the balls and strikes.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I could see McGough getting added, possibly this year. He has a solid resume. Could become the next Vespi (optionable lefty guy) especially if we lose Vespi to waivers. I predict Billy Cook gets traded for a bullpen arm.
    • Yates (37) could be a very solid rental.  He was lights out great as the 2019 Padres closer with 41 saves.  He then missed most of 2020, all of 2021, and most of 2022.  He came back and pitched well for the Braves in relief last year.  This year he has been great again, looking like the guy he was in 2019. 
    • @VanceWilder’s complaint is that Mike hasn’t addressed the problem, which is true. I’m sure Mike is calling folks but he’s unwilling to pay the price. Who is traded is really moot. Someone needs to be brought on board, and that hasn’t happened yet.
    • No. I'm not going to be bullied into using bad stats. 
    • when Holliday obliterated AA at the same age with an OPS over 1.000, against the same washed up pitchers that Basallo is having success against. Whats good for the goose. Basallo will put under the same scrutiny As JH when he does what JH did come up and make a mess of it for 3 weeks. Maybe they are both too young. Its a rare talant the can handle MLB at such young age 
    • No resting on our laurels: Tampa: “Once again one of the very best systems in baseball, the Rays have a high-end combination of big time impact talent at the very top of their org to go with overall depth.”  (1 60, 3 55, 49 at 35+) Boston: “This is perhaps the deepest system in all of baseball, and one of the best.” (1 55, 4 50, 47 at 35+) New York: “This system is healthy (that’s a formidable group of 50s up top) and exciting.” (1 55, 5 50, 36 at 35+) The O’s still have the upper hand, with 1 70, 1 60, 2 55 and 1 50, 45 at 35+.   Two of our top guys listed have graduated or will graduate this season.
    • I respect your opinion, but there is no other reason to have Urias over Mayo right now.  I guess we could get creative and keep Urias till September by option Cowser to get Mayo up here. Or we could go with a short bullpen and rotate fresh arms in the 7th pen spot. 
  • Popular Contributors