Sunday August 21: vs Red Sox in Williamsport

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

This ESPN broadcast is so out of touch. They just posted a graphic of the Orioles' current Mt. Rushmore with Santander and Mountcastle on it. No focus on the upcoming prospects, who are really the cause for excitement.

I was more concerned with Means not being there.

Of course he got injured before ESPN started paying attention to the Orioles.

3 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

This ESPN broadcast is so out of touch. They just posted a graphic of the Orioles' current Mt. Rushmore with Santander and Mountcastle on it. No focus on the upcoming prospects, who are really the cause for excitement.

You can’t put guys on your current Mt Rushmore that isn’t on the team. That would be kinda disrespectful. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ORIOLE33 said:

You can’t put guys on your current Mt Rushmore that isn’t on the team. That would be kinda disrespectful. 

Sure. But I just wouldn't create a Mt. Rushmore graphic for this team at all lol. Do an all-time one and remind people of the glory days instead.

40 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t care about this being played in Williamsport, though it’s an overall nice publicity shtick. 

I will say that the thing that’s bringing me the most joy about this is the fact that 8 or 9 months ago, the producers at ESPN figured they’d need two teams for this game and decided on the Sox and Orioles. And there’s no doubt in my mind that they figured the Sox would be in a playoff race and that the Orioles would just show up to get their brains beat in on a national stage. 

**** ESPN. 

Minor comment but I think for travel reasons they are limited to teams in the north/mid atlantic, and I guess Cleveland.

Why the Yankees haven't hosted yet is beyond me.

5 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Minor comment but I think for travel reasons they are limited to teams in the north/mid atlantic, and I guess Cleveland.

Why the Yankees haven't hosted yet is beyond me.

Yankees never have an advantage with anything. I feel bad for them.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

Hyde not messing around. Kremer done after 80 pitches. This is kind of a must win game and as usual the offense is not helping 

Off day tomorrow.  Doesn’t want him to face middle of order again. That off day makes it easier.  

Edited by eddie83

I was born and grew up in Williamsport many moons ago. Billtown is kinda equidistant from Pittsburgh, New York  and Philadelphia. As a kid, you generally followed all of the teams from one of those three cities. In the early to mid 1970's, you could hold your head up as a Pirates/Steelers fan or a Yankees/Mets fan. You were essentially considered a masochist if you rooted for the Eagles/Phillies.

• Upvote 2