Tuesday, August 23: White Sox come to town

SteveA

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Oh.  Makes more sense now.   Still think the players probably would relate better to a guy 35-50 years old.   Just my opinion.  

Oh it's not just your opinion.

Near as I can tell the only two folks pleased with the arrangement are the manager and the owner.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Sick of the Fanduel commercials 

I cant believe baseball went after their money.   I never would of assumed gambling and baseball would be united so much now.   Pete Rose and the Blacksox probably deserve a reevaluation since baseball is in bed with the gamblers now. 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Oh.  Makes more sense now.   Still think the players probably would relate better to a guy 35-50 years old.   Just my opinion.  

Not only did he manage against Billy Martin (b. 1928) and Earl Weaver (1930)... he managed against two guys born in 1920... Dave Garcia and Bob Lemon.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh it's not just your opinion.

Near as I can tell the only two folks pleased with the arrangement are the manager and the owner.

That story Kevin Brown told about them checking out Kopech for an injury while warming up in the pen yesterday, deciding to let him start yesterday, then having him leave after 19 pitches with a sore knee having thrown his FB at 88MPH which is WAY below his norm....that is practically managerial malpractice if it turns out Kopech is out for a while.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

That story Kevin Brown told about them checking out Kopech for an injury while warming up in the pen yesterday, deciding to let him start yesterday, then having him leave after 19 pitches with a sore knee having thrown his FB at 88MPH which is WAY below his norm....that is practically managerial malpractice if it turns out Kopech is out for a while.

i mentioned it earlier.

He's also issued two IBB on hitters with 1-2 counts.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Larry Sheets was my favorite Oriole when I was a teenager. He was also my favorite listed on here for many years. I met him at his batting cage facility in my early 30s when I played softball. Good nice guy!

I still remember the home run he hit over the roof at the old Commiskey park. I was thinking he'd be hitting 30 HR for the O's for years. 

• Upvote 1