Thursday 9-22-22 vs. the Astros

FlaO'sFan

3 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Palmer was my hero as a kid. I remember when he was a rookie.

Well - did you have the poster of Palmer hanging on your bedroom wall like I did? The one where he is in his windup with the leg up to his head?  I just found that poster a couple weeks ago cleaning up my parents house.  Rolled up in a closet. I took a picture of it - I would share here if I knew how

• Like 1

Vavra OBP up to .378. Average at .290.

He has clear physical limitations, but if he can find a way to continue working walks and taking what pitchers give him, then he has a place on the roster.

Have to play him to see if he can sustain it though. And better now than when the infield gets more crowded next year.

Just now, Alasdaire said:

He has clear physical limitations, but if he can find a way to continue working walks and taking what pitchers give him, then he has a place on the roster.

Have to play him to see if he can sustain it though. And better now than when the infield gets more crowded next year.

My concern with Vavra is he doesn't have power to go along with his OBP skill. Maybe that's an unfounded concern. 

Just now, Yossarian said:

Well - did you have the poster of Palmer hanging on your bedroom wall like I did? The one where he is in his windup with the leg up to his head?  I just found that poster a couple weeks ago cleaning up my parents house.  Rolled up in a closet. I took a picture of it - I would share here if I knew how

You didn't have his Jockey poster, too?

I kid, I kid.

It doesn't look like this board supports uploading photos.  You'd have to put it on a website and then link to it or something.

3 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

2 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

My concern with Vavra is he doesn't have power to go along with his OBP skill. Maybe that's an unfounded concern. 

I really don't care about a lack of power if he gets on base at a .380-ish clip and makes pitchers throw a lot of pitches. 

Edited by Moose Milligan