Saturday Sept 24th vs the Astros (Brooks Robinson day)

OsFanSinceThe80s

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Krehbiel had way too long of a leash tonight with a well rested bullpen. Just not good in-game managing by Hyde.

It reminded me of when Buck would leave in a starter an inning too long, when everyone knew it was a time for a new pitcher. 

Yeah why not have a lefty and righty up. He stuck with him cause a righty was up.  It’s understandable through because three batter rule.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

What in the bullpen meltdown is going on here? I'm down in Florida so I check Baseball Savant, O's up 5-2.  Now 6-5 and still just one out?

Looks like I picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue.

It was obvious to anyone with a brain that Krehbiel was toast tonight.  Yet Hyde left him in with the bases loaded and he got burned.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bpilktree said:

How?  It was going to be bullpen type game.  Joey just was terrible.  When we come in and only get 1 out and 4 runs allowed it is not anyones fault but that guy.   Positional players can pitch better then that.  

I didn't see the inning, but yeah, when you bring in a reliever in the 5th inning, you're expecting him to get through the inning or two, not implode. Sounds like this is more on Krehbiel. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I didn't see the inning, but yeah, when you bring in a reliever in the 5th inning, you're expecting him to get through the inning or two, not implode. Sounds like this is more on Krehbiel. 

There was plenty of time to see he had nothing and was getting hit around left and right.  Hyde then left him in with the bases loaded and the rest is history.  You at least gotta to take him out there.