Friday evening: Orioles try to stave off mathematical elimination and Aaron Judge in the Bronx

SteveA

7 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

What's the record for tallest combined height of pitcher and batter?

Maybe it's Richie Sexson 6'8" vs Randy Johnson 6'10".

Seattle Mariners batter Richie Sexson watches his solo home run off New York Yankees starting pitcher Randy Johnson in the fourth inning of their American League baseball game in New York's Yankee Stadium July 19, 2006. The Mariners won 3-2.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
stupid auto-correct
  • Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yes, I would rather take my chances with Santander at first and the game tied.  Do you think Erceg was worried about O'Hearn stealing?  Do you think he would have been worried about Holliday?  Holliday's sprint speed is 29.4 ft/sec.  If he isn't on this team to pinch run, I don't know why he is here.  And if you aren't going to pinch run with him, then maybe bunt O'Hearn over.  It's the playoffs.  It's Erceg's first playoff game.  He missed in the middle of the zone a couple of times.  Make him more nervous.  You use a pinch runner here like you use your closer at home.  Make sure he gets in the game.
    • Did you see the points I made at the end?  In this game, the fact the Royals have Erceg hurt us because he came in and shut the door.  But this thread is not about how things would have been different, but rather to show that one, Elias needs to start drafting pitchers higher, and two, he targeted the wrong kind of guy for the back of the bullpen. 
    • Good take.  Witt got one pitch to hit and impacted the game.  Gunnar got a couple and failed to capitalize.  
    • Elias is clearly a guy that knows how to build a franchise back to prominence. It's unclear on everything else. I didn't like his excessive drafting of a slew of redundant position players prospects. And I think overall his trade deadline moves since he's been here overall have been a D grade. Having said that, THIS is the big offseason to really judge him. 
    • I completely understand his shortcomings, but I'm far from ready to say Elias should go. 
    • I really, really, really hope at the end of the season we hear that he was playing hurt for the second half. It's not just his offense, but his defense has seriously declined as well. If he's been healthy, then Basallo may take over faster than we thought. He and Gunnar both started the all star game and haven't been the same since. Gunnar was on route to an MVP caliber season, and then just fell off a cliff. 
    • I do think you're onto something.  Eflin's O/U today is 15.5 outs recorded.  That's 5.1 IP.  I don't think we let him get into trouble in the middle innings with a Lefty up.  I could see Perez coming into to get the last out of the 5th if it's a lefty up.  
  • Popular Contributors