O's and Uehara agree to deal

Os84

It is amazing the O's are penciling him in as the 2nd starter.

I agree wasn't this guy just demoted to the bullpen last year in Japan? How does this translate into anything worth getting positive about for the Orioles? This is about as exciting as hearing they are signing Sal Fasano again.:rolleyes: Sorry, cannot say this does anything for me at all.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree wasn't this guy just demoted to the bullpen last year in Japan? How does this translate into anything worth getting positive about for the Orioles? This is about as exciting as hearing they are signing Sal Fasano again.:rolleyes: Sorry, cannot say this does anything for me at all.

There are a lot of rumors that he was put in the bullpen because of comments he made about wanting to come to America.

Straight up, that would actually give me a reason to watch the team next year. I wouldn't expect them to win or anything, but it would at least be an interesting storyline.

This matches my feelings on watching the team this season exactly.

I'm really excited about cheering on Uehara. I can't even understand why I'm so excited by this:

1. Is it the fact that the O's signed a player?

2. Is is that he might be a quality starter?

3. Is it because he's the first O's pitcher from Japan?

Really more excited than I should be.

I love this signing. The worst that could happen is hes ineffective as a starter and we put him in the 'pen. Or he could be a nice stop gap, put up some decent numbers and be a nice trade chip. Either way we get the benefit of breaking into the Japan market.

Ideal scenerio, this propels Kawakami to sign here also. Both are used as starters this year, Uehara slides into the bullpen next year with the young guns ready.

I predict 2 years, $12 million.

The O's don't run the risk of losing draft picks with players from Japan, another bonus.

The O's won't lose any draft picks signing Dunn either. For some reason, we have no interest in a 29 yr old true masher who could pepper the flag courts every night. A clean-up hitter who consistently hits 40hrs and would provide serious protection for Kakes. Ideally, you put him at DH; but he can play LF and 1b. If Huff, as expected leaves via FA, you have 1b and the clean- up spot taken care of for perhaps 1/3 rd of what Tex would've cost. The O's lack of interest in him is truly puzzling :confused:

The O's won't lose any draft picks signing Dunn either. For some reason, we have no interest in a 29 yr old true masher who could pepper the flag courts every night. A clean-up hitter who consistently hits 40hrs and would provide serious protection for Kakes. Ideally, you put him at DH; but he can play LF and 1b. If Huff, as expected leaves via FA, you have 1b and the clean- up spot taken care of for perhaps 1/3 rd of what Tex would've cost. The O's lack of interest in him is truly puzzling :confused:

Too bad you're wrong and we have shown interest in him.

Dunn has also drawn interest from the Cubs, Nationals, Mariners and Orioles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3798366

This matches my feelings on watching the team this season exactly.

I'm really excited about cheering on Uehara. I can't even understand why I'm so excited by this:

1. Is it the fact that the O's signed a player?

2. Is is that he might be a quality starter?

3. Is it because he's the first O's pitcher from Japan?

Really more excited than I should be.

I think this is the biggest reason for me.

Very cool, assuming they didn't overspend too, too much. I wouldn't be too pissed about a 2/$10-12 million deal.

I love that he actually has control. The Orioles have been god awful to watch aside from Guthrie. Watching people like Liz, Olson, Burres, and gang stink up the place with free passes was extremely nervewrecking.

Love the idea of opening up the Asian market. That is a very, very good thing for not only the team, but the city.

In the middle of all that rage is some truth. You just have to parse it out.

Well, there is some truth to nearly everything. But it's hard to take someone seriously when they're so damn vehement about things and logic just goes out the window. Certainly doesn't help that he has a source and has this type of attitude. He'll hear one thing, report it to everyone on this forum, and then is absolutely flabbergasted if it doesn't come true, even if his source wasn't even correct from the beginning.

Archived