Os announce time changes for some games

Sports Guy

They announced the same thing prior to the 2020 season but never followed through on it post-COVID.

I am definitely for it, much better chance of making it to the end of the game at 9:30 instead of 10. It can definitely get cold in April and May.  Should have as many day games as possible in those months in my opinion, especially on Saturdays.

Edited by MurphDogg
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Cannot understate how much I hate mid-week day games.  Do they not understand that people work during the day? From a personal standpoint, I look forward to watching a night game after a long day, and less of that is obviously not ideal. 

That’s what DVRs are for!  

17 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Fair point!  Though I don't have the self-discipline to not follow the box score om mlb.com 😁

I’ve had times when I was very disciplined.  Once I was out of the country during the Final Four and avoided finding out the results for almost two weeks so I could watch it when I returned.   But then I found out the results by accident about 10 days in.  

The great thing about watching an event on DVR is you can skip the dead times.  Sometimes I’ll DVR the Orioles while I’m eating dinner, then start watching when I’m done.  Usually I’ve caught up to live time by the 8th or 9th inning.   

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Many teams have gone to 6:35 PM weekdays ,early and late in the season .Indians and a few others.I wonder about Sunday games, some started at 1:05 and some at 1:35? One started even earlier but that was the network game 

When Peacock was broadcasting games on Sundays at 11:30am or Noon, all other games were contractually barred from starting before 1:35. On weeks when there was no Peacock game, the O's started their games at 1:05.

• Like 1