MLBTR top 50 free agents, with ties to the Orioles

ChipTait

4 hours ago, waroriole said:

I’m not sure what his pitching a no hitter against the Red Sox a few years ago has to do with signing him now. His FB only averaged 91 last year. And he got hit hard. Maybe a 1/5 type deal to see if he can bounce back. 

The no-no blurb was just in case people forgot who Manaea was, and that he used to be good enough to throw one. He was hitting 95 during the NLCS but the Phillies tagged him like it was BP, so obviously something’s not working these days. The only way we should sign him is if our coaches think they can fix whatever’s amiss. If they don’t think that’s likely then ya he’s a hard pass. 

Having said that, I have this sneaking suspicion that somebody’s going to figure out what’s wrong with Manaea and have themselves a pretty good starting pitcher for a couple three years. If that happens I’d rather it was the Orioles who fell into that pot of gold than some other team. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, waroriole said:

For maybe the first 6 months of his 4 year contract, he should be a better hitter than what  we currently have. What about the other 3.5 years?

Are you kidding? Hes 28 and there is no reason to think he wouldn’t ge productive over a 4 year deal. He was above his average , OBP, and only slighty under in SLG. As I said he’s better than anyone on the roster in regards to OBP and batting average

7 hours ago, Camden Yards said:

Here are CBS possible trade candidates. Interesting Bieber and Burnes made the list with the Orioles as a possibility for both. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-trade-candidates-rafael-devers-corbin-burnes-among-20-players-who-could-move-shohei-ohtani-staying-put/amp/

Santander in the list, and Blue Jays given as the lone AL club in the Top 3.    Tender deadline coming up soon, and I saw one story wondering if Teoscar Hernandez could have too many RBI's to tender his last year.     Like the Yankees lineup before Rizzo helped it this year, the Blue Jays kind of have that "too right-handed thing".     

Also, the Jesse Winker section there....yeesh.

The predicted Rizzo for 2/36 and he got a 2/34 with a 6M buyout from the Yanks on the club option 3rd year.  Pretty good guess.  He essentially got 2/40 guaranteed.

They guessed wrong and had Tyler Anderson taking the QO.  They did think he would get a 3 year contract (no $ mentioned).   He is getting 3/39 from the Angels.

Edited by RZNJ

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They guessed wrong and had Tyler Anderson taking the QO.  They did think he would get a 3 year contract (no $ mentioned).   He is getting 3/39 from the Angels.

Ooooh...Shohei Ohtani death rattles.    

The Angels quietly taking interim tag off Phil Nevin kind of hinted to me they weren't super serious about '23, but Ohtani hasn't asked out publicly yet, and now this.     Its certainly possible the Stars play out, and they are competitive for sixth-best AL team next year.

Anytime a pitcher in this range sells, even with the QO poison pill in this case, its a Wondering if Mike Elias should have beat the winning bid kind of moment.