“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

8 hours ago, waroriole said:

Shouldn’t we account for the significant drop in velocity after TJ surgery? Kind of offsets every positive you listed. 

He was better than Gibson last year in terms of ERA, ERA+, and FIP, and it was only his first year back after basically missing 2 years with his TJS, so I don't think it's too crazy to think that he will either get some of his old stuff back as he gets further away from his injury or get better at deploying his new stuff as he gains more experience with it, and be even better in 2023.

Buuuuut it's a moot point now that the Dodgers signed him. I would expect him to put up a solid year for them and set himself up nicely for a multiyear deal next offseason.

44 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

I see we have reached the point of the off-season where we are wringing our hands over every signing.

Yeah, I'm over it for now. I'm going to save up my hand wringing and teeth gnashing for when we sign Chris Archer or Michael Pineda and then try to claim Gibson was actually the TOR they said they wanted all along.