Elias on MLB network 1230-ish

Just Regular

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm saying that even with the example being given the wall is just one a a number of factors.

It isn't some huge thing that completely changes the situation by itself.

And Elias wasn't really suggesting that it was some huge thing either. He said it's a factor, and he mentioned it alongside Adley and the defense and the pitching program. He's trying to get the word out. That's what a GM should be doing. 

Again, if you actually read the quote you'd realize this. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

And Elias wasn't really suggesting that it was some huge thing either. He said it's a factor, and he mentioned it alongside Adley and the defense and the pitching program. He's trying to get the word out. That's what a GM should be doing. 

Again, if you actually read the quote you'd realize this. 

He doesn't need to get the word out.  The agents and the players should already have the word.  The data is there.  The agents should be competent.

He's throwing spin at the fans.

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

Right. Our pitchers are talking about, our recent signee is talking about it. It's a thing that matters. It's absolutely a factor. There's no reason for Elias to mention it if it wasn't. And if you don't believe Elias, believe Ken Rosenthal who reported Gibson chose here over the Jays who offered the SAME deal BECAUSE of the wall and the defense. 

He's also unvaccinated so that might've had something to do with it too. He missed the series in Toronto back in July when the Phillies traveled to Toronto.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He doesn't need to get the word out.  The agents and the players should already have the word.  The data is there.  The agents should be competent.

He's throwing spin at the fans.

He was basically telling the media that it was a part of their pitch package when they meet with player and agents on these Zoom calls. That's info I love to know about, I think it's interesting. He said it in a conversational way, and I think it can't hurt to mention it. If you want to view it as spin, sure, I guess, but he's really just answering the reporter question and giving us some insight on their pitch to guys. What's so wrong with that? 

And it doesn't change the fact that it is indeed a factor! 

???

You're grasping my man. You're lost in the hater sauce. 

Edited by interloper

3 minutes ago, tabletop said:

He's also unvaccinated so that might've had something to do with it too. He missed the series in Toronto back in July when the Phillies traveled to Toronto.

Lol. 

Corn thinks this is way more likely than park factors and defense I guess. 

Whatever jives with the agenda. 

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

When I came back on here, he was bumping tons of old threads and Tony asked him to stop doing that.  I don’t know if that upset him or not (Tony was right for saying something) but haven’t seen him since.

I can’t imagine how many posts I would have if I actually participated in the game threads.  Lol

Couple mil

• Haha 1

Just now, justD said:

Is it too late to include a transcript of the interview? I'll put it here and then add it to the first page in case it gets lost in the shuffle...I don't have a transcript of the interview he did the other day to verify the bit about having multi-year offers.

What I loved about the interview was when they asked him about the wall and his whole body language changed, and his tone of voice.  He suddenly became a "21st century GM who brought the Orioles out of its dark past, its old-timer approach to baseball."  It was really something beautiful to see, I thought. 

Anyway, here's the text:

Thank you for being a voice of reason in a room of clowns. 

The people who hate on Elias do not watch Elias work. That's clear. 

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Canada changed the vaccination and Covid testing on October 1,2022. No requirements. 

That's true but the fact they already had ridiculous rules like that in place shows it's possible it can happen again. Maybe he didn't want to risk dealing with it. Who knows, it's just something I saw and figured I'd mention.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Thank you for being a voice of reason in a room of clowns. 

The people who hate on Elias do not watch Elias work. That's clear. 

Not that I care if you insult me but you might want to apologize to Rick for throwing yet another insult his way.

Or not, it seems to be your thing.

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

He was basically telling the media that it was a part of their pitch package when they meet with player and agents on these Zoom calls. That's info I love to know about, I think it's interesting. He said it in a conversational way, and I think it can't hurt to mention it. If you want to view it as spin, sure, I guess, but he's really just answering the reporter question and giving us some insight on their pitch to guys. What's so wrong with that? 

And it doesn't change the fact that it is indeed a factor! 

???

You're grasping my man. You're lost in the hater sauce. 

Never said it wasn't a factor.  I've said that Elias exaggerates how much of a factor it is.

And I am not your man.