Rodon to the Yankees - 6 years / $162MM

paulcoates

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

From what I can remember Hampton never got hurt, he was just awful. So I don’t feel too bad wishing that. Wouldn’t want to wish anyone an injury. 

I get it.  You wish him to stink but be healthy doing it.   Sweet.

• Upvote 1

Can Adley prove himself better than them all?    It'll be fun finding out.     Peak Orioles lineups should be a challenge even for the world's best pitchers.     Decision Sciences probably says Cole + Rodon staying upright the next 5 Adley seasons is a longshot.

Coby Mayo...load up Carlos Rodon to the VR goggles.     Maybe John Means change up can mess with Aaron Judge's trunk muscles just like Giancarlo's.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

That really is the kind of contract a young, up and coming team that needs to make a splash for a #1 would want to make. But what do I know. 

Jon Lester / Cubs.

Edited by Ridgway22
Because Jon might be offended I spelled John.

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Let’s be honest. They didn’t need to. All they needed to do was something like maybe a Verlander for 90, a Bassitt for 64 and, maybe a bat for 10-20. All of those in total come up to what around 170- 180. That is nowhere near $500 million (Half a billion). And we would have been better than the Yanks.

We can decry their spending but at least they are trying to win. What are we trying to do? Waste another season “evaluating”?

Verlander was never coming to Baltimore at any price. He can pick his team and there is no way he is picking Baltimore. Aside from him most of the 4-6 WAR guys are not doing 1-2 year contracts. So you are looking at one $200M guy, another $100M guy, plus a bat. That's not quite $500M but it's more than you can reasonably expect the Orioles to pay. 

If you had confidence that Rodon was the guy to deliver you multiple WS appearances, maybe you pull the trigger, but I personally do not think he is that guy.