Poll: Do you like the Adam Frazier signing?

Tony-OH

Do you like the Frazier signing?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think signing Frazier to a 1 yr/ $8 million contract was good or not?

• Yes, It was good
    • No, it was not good

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Simple poll.

Do you think the Orioles 1yr, $8 million deal for Frazier was a smart signing?

No need to rehash the entire argument that can be found here.

Before you read into things too much, just make yourself GM. Would you made this signing on December 15, 2022 for the money.

To much money and not a position of need. 

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

How does 30% of those who voted in this think this is a good idea? That’s astounding to me. 

Did it ever occur to you that it’s possible to be wrong? You already said regardless of how he plays you are against the move. It’s a heads I win, tails you lose argument. You have no desire at all to even bother to consider the reasons why others feel differently. 

• Upvote 1

Voted no. Unless they make a trade it feels like the sold out for redundancy (already loaded with MIs) just to get a hollow (potentially batting avg and nothing else) left-handed bat in the lineup. I also think they overpaid for Frazier. I get that an up and coming team might have to offer a bit more to convince a player to come here, but I think that type of overpayment should be saved for the better players. Also think the team should have explored left-handed hitting OFs as an alternative (either via free agency or a trade). 

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I voted no, but I think the poll is a bit overly simplistic and possibly premature.  If the move doesn’t set up a trade, my no answer sticks.   If we acquire pitchers by trading middle infielders, it will make a lot more sense.  

The price tag doesn’t really offend me.  It’s not going to stop the O’s from doing anything else they were going to do, and it’s pretty in line with the overall market IMO.  The strategic fit is the issue, not the cost.  

Like you on the surface it seems an odd move.  I figure that Elias is betting the odds that the young guys will need some more time to get acclimated and will need more Milb rep’s.  He’s a veteran presence that experienced a good run last season.  I don’t hate it but I really want to see how it plays out.   Walk with Elias!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Did it ever occur to you that it’s possible to be wrong? You already said regardless of how he plays you are against the move. It’s a heads I win, tails you lose argument. You have no desire at all to even bother to consider the reasons why others feel differently. 

I have seen the reasons..I just view them as all awful. No one has presented a good viable reason why this is a smart move.

The best thing that anyone has come up with is, what if they trade 2 or more MIers and then you need someone to play there.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure we can..but will they?

Im guessing they are getting close to being “tapped out”.

As I’ve said, I suspect the Frazier move sets up a trade that obviates the need to go after a FA pitcher.   But If not, I don’t buy that one $8 mm, one-year expenditure prevents them from doing anything they choose on the FA market.  

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

I voted no, The strategic fit is the issue, not the cost.  

That's all that needed to be said. I also put down as of 15 December so you can hedge your bets a bit.

I'll run another if and when other moves are made that may change the signing for some. It won't for me because I obviously don't think the players is worth the price nor do I want him blocking Westburg or Ortiz.