MLB.com suggests Burnes to Os trade

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, MarCakes21 said:

If you're curious what BTV thinks:
Burnes: 78.3 

vs. Bradish (13), Westburg (15), Cowser (25), and Povich (2).

So per them, we come out ahead, but a lot of future projection still unknown.  Pretty much assumes he's worth 6WAR per season too.

I'd replace Westburg with Urias and Cowser with Hays.  They can have Povich, But no way are they getting Bradish.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Just look at the record of the team last season with Adley vs without Adley.   He had 861 OPS in the 2nd half which is probably what he will do for a full season in 2023 and led the pitchers with his game calling and defense.

No question Adley improves the team in a major way.  He's quickly become my favorite Oriole!  Just saying it's doubtful to me that even Babe Ruth could single-handedly turn 25% of a team's losses into victories.

I dunno man.

It feels like too strong of a package for only 2 years of Burnes because i just don't see him signing an extension given the frankly insane market. If I'm him I'm looking at the Orioles' strongest offer and basically assuming someone nuttier will beat it on the open market, or I'm at least having a look to make sure. The Mets will be without Verlander and Scherzer by then, for example.

I view an extension as almost entirely out of the question for him. JMO.

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

I dunno man.

It feels like too strong of a package for only 2 years of Burnes because i just don't see him signing an extension given the frankly insane market. If I'm him I'm looking at the Orioles' strongest offer and basically assuming someone nuttier will beat it on the open market, or I'm at least having a look to make sure. The Mets will be without Verlander and Scherzer by then, for example.

I view an extension as almost entirely out of the question for him. JMO.

If he walks you get a draft pick.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm fine with the idea of extending him.

Just saying that if he walks, you get a pick.

I hear you.  I’d also be find if we missed the pick and got him for one additional year w/the qualifying offer should he want to test market a year later (highly unlikely).  Baseball is funny and a lot can happen in 2 years.