What's going on with Correa?

ScGO's

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Imagine Correa is signed to a 12 year deal and reaggravates a previous injury in his 3rd year that reduces him to a replacement level 1b/dh?  Obviously these big market teams can waste $30 mill/yr and not be phased, since that might be 5 or 6% of the Mets yearly payroll by the time this deal is done.  That's the equivalent of a Jordan Lyles for the O's.

Exactly. The same could and most likely will happen to Boegarts  and Judge but the difference is there is apparently nothing on either of their physicals to concretely site this as a reason not to give those contracts. It just sucks for Carlos. 

17 hours ago, joelala said:

Exactly. The same could and most likely will happen to Boegarts  and Judge but the difference is there is apparently nothing on either of their physicals to concretely site this as a reason not to give those contracts. It just sucks for Carlos. 

I'll save my tears for those making less than $25 mill/year.

I think the O's could alleviate some of the negativity by offering Correa a 15-year, $400 million contract, and then retract it after the physical and say, "Hey, we tried". Then nay-sayers couldn't claim the O's weren't willing to throw ludicrous money around like the big market clubs...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Posted it in the MLB thread, but it's shocking that someone who's spent half his career on the IL can't pass two physicals.

Big time pass.  

Ironically, the issue he has with these physicals has nothing to do with any injury he has had in the majors and nothing he has missed time for in the majors.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ironically, the issue he has with these physicals has nothing to do with any injury he has had in the majors and nothing he has missed time for in the majors.

I'm not sure if that's the win you think it is.  Just goes to show there's more wrong with him than what his previous injury history has entailed.  

But you're also engaging in a bit of semantics here, saying that it's not had to do with any injury he's had in the majors and nothing he's missed time for in the majors.  If you're reading what I'm reading, it's a right ankle injury that he had in the minors.  

That said, we can agree that the hold-up surrounds a right ankle injury he suffered as a professional baseball player.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not sure if that's the win you think it is.  Just goes to show there's more wrong with him than what his previous injury history has entailed.  

But you're also engaging in a bit of semantics here, saying that it's not had to do with any injury he's had in the majors and nothing he's missed time for in the majors.  If you're reading what I'm reading, it's a right ankle injury that he had in the minors.  

That said, we can agree that the hold-up surrounds a right ankle injury he suffered as a professional baseball player.

I’m not engaging in anything. You mentioned that he has missed a lot of time, so you aren’t surprised he failed a physical.

All I’m saying is that it’s ironic that an injury that he hasn’t even missed time for is the hold up.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not engaging in anything. You mentioned that he has missed a lot of time, so you aren’t surprised he failed a physical.

All I’m saying is that it’s ironic that an injury that he hasn’t even missed time for is the hold up.

You're engaging with me, hombre. :)

You can't tell me that, ironic or not, you're surprised he's failed two physicals.  

I found a photo of his grandfather, no wonder he's this brittle.  Bad genes.

5c3622f301c0ea1c402d02d3?width=1000&form

• Haha 3

Remember that semi-annoying remark Correa made during the season?   “When I go to the mall and I go to the Dior store, when I want something, I get it.  I ask how much it costs, and I buy it.  If you really want something, you just go get it. I’m the product here.   If they [the Twins] want my product, they’ve just got to come and get it.”   I guess nobody told him about the 10-day return policy!

Edited by Frobby
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...