Is Angelos' family legal issue close to resolution?

SteveA

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I really only care about getting the lease done, so I don’t need to hear any further wild speculation about the team moving, which I’ve never believed had a remote chance of happening.   I’d like to just shut that subject down, and I’m interested in what the investments in the area will look like. 

I never thought much of the relocation rumors, but I think it is a bit odd that the team has not signed a new lease yet. The Orioles are really dragging it out, and IMO it only makes sense in the context of they are keeping the options open for potential new ownership. The fact they still don't have a lease after the deal with the MSA is a bit concerning and somewhat telling of their intentions if you ask me. Ultimately I can't see the Orioles moving, but them not signing a new lease is definitely peculiar.

6 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

I never thought much of the relocation rumors, but I think it is a bit odd that the team has not signed a new lease yet. The Orioles are really dragging it out, and IMO it only makes sense in the context of they are keeping the options open for potential new ownership. The fact they still don't have a lease after the deal with the MSA is a bit concerning and somewhat telling of their intentions if you ask me. Ultimately I can't see the Orioles moving, but them not signing a new lease is definitely peculiar.

I can't fathom a new owner not wanting that deal signed.

21 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

I’m sure it boils down to haggling for a few more goodies before the Feb. 1 deadline for the O’s to exercise their 5-year option.  I think it’s likely a long-term deal is finalized by that date. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m sure it boils down to haggling for a few more goodies before the Feb. 1 deadline for the O’s to exercise their 5-year option.  I think it’s likely a long-term deal is finalized by that date. 

If I understand what was passed by the general assembly, the Orioles would get very little if anything in a 5 year  deal for stadium improvements  

House bill 896 calls for the Maryland Stadium Authority to bond out $600 million for both the Baltimore Orioles of Major League Baseball and the Baltimore Ravens of the NFL as long as the teams sign leases, or lease extensions, that are as long as the length of the payback on the bond.

Edited by Going Underground

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Feobby did you read the article in the Washington Post that said after Snyder sells the Commanders ,that Steve Biscotti would be the next to sell an NFL team?

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I find everything relating to the Angelos family incredibly boring.  As long as the team gets sold eventually, I'm good.  Whatever bickering is going on between the brothers, the mother, whatever.  The MASN dispute is a snorefest as well.  

Agreed. It's like watching a Succession themed episode of the Antique Roadshow. 

Brian Cox Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Agreed. It's like watching a Succession themed episode of the Antique Roadshow. 

Brian Cox Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

They've really changed the pace of the Antiques Roadshow
More antiques, more price reveals
Less background information
The reason the price reveals were so good
Was because we had to wait for them

Florence dropping the Truth.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I really only care about getting the lease done, so I don’t need to hear any further wild speculation about the team moving, which I’ve never believed had a remote chance of happening.   I’d like to just shut that subject down, and I’m interested in what the investments in the area will look like.  

The family lawsuit is just a sideshow, that doesn’t really add or subtract from my enjoyment of the team.  

The MASN case is just stupidity at this point, but I will be glad when it’s over, I guess.

Does the MASN dispute directly affect my life?  No, of course not.  I don't think about it until someone posts an update here.  That stuff all looks bad though.  Those issues are big flashing reminders that our ownership is bad.  It's disconcerting.  Further, I do think the potential of a sale, and/or possibly having to send $100M (or whatever) to the Nats, might make the penny pinching even worse.  We see the failure this offseason has been.  What we don't know is why.  I'd wager almost anything it starts with the refusal of John to spend real money.