O's in World Baseball Classic

rm5678

The postgame interviewers getting out of Santander that he idolized Victor Martinez growing up one night last season was a fun tidbit to discover.

Victor is a great scientific hitter to aspire to and it might take a long time to grow those skills if you were just a strong kid plucked out of A ball in the Rule 5.    And now you anchor a lineup with a cornerstone catcher whose offensive game is evocative of Victor's, and are holding your own in a lineup with Altuve/Acuna/Sal.

Adley doesn't need to do the medicine ball on a paint bucket drill so much, but I could see those two savoring some Victor highlights together.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Just Regular said:

The postgame interviewers getting out of Santander that he idolized Victor Martinez growing up one night last season was a fun tidbit to discover.

Victor is a great scientific hitter to aspire to and it might take a long time to grow those skills if you were just a strong kid plucked out of A ball in the Rule 5.    And now you anchor a lineup with a cornerstone catcher whose offensive game is evocative of Victor's, and are holding your own in a lineup with Altuve/Acuna/Sal.

Adley doesn't need to do the medicine ball on a paint bucket drill so much, but I could see those two savoring some Victor highlights together.

Santander looks like he is poised to have a massive year.  He exudes confidence and the stroke is so smooth and powerful.  I think he has another gear in him that we will see this year.  

8 hours ago, SilverRocket said:

Adam Loewen on the mound for Canada.

I was listening this morning to a replay on the radio. I didn’t know his wife was diagnosed with cancer when she was 5 months pregnant with their second child and has since passed away. His children were in attendance last night. 

Quite a remarkable story that he worked his way back to pitch in the WBC. Can’t imagine the emotions he was going thru. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I was listening this morning to a replay on the radio. I didn’t know his wife was diagnosed with cancer when she was 5 months pregnant with their second child and has since passed away. His children were in attendance last night. 

Quite a remarkable story that he worked his way back to pitch in the WBC. Can’t imagine the emotions he was going thru. 

Oh, that is terrible news about his wife.  I hope his family is handling it okay.