2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Irvin today leaves the 105 road game at Tigers tomorrow and the 605 home game Friday v. Pittsburgh as the turns for the next two SP regulars.

We'll get a view by tomorrow night if its Grayson's mound, or there's some fluff why after training his whole life for this he "isn't quite ready" to go.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Irvin today leaves the 105 road game at Tigers tomorrow and the 605 home game Friday v. Pittsburgh as the turns for the next two SP regulars.

We'll get a view by tomorrow night if its Grayson's mound, or there's some fluff why after training his whole life for this he "isn't quite ready" to go.

Roch said yesterday that Grayson was starting Thursday.   Is there any expectation at all that the situation has changed in any way???

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Roch said yesterday that Grayson was starting Thursday.   Is there any expectation at all that the situation has changed in any way???

Me being behind the time on Roch's reportage.     Danged month end at the office.

Happy to see that, and that Austin Voth entered today's game in relief.

Veteranosity wise it does feel correct not to make Kyle Gibson get on a bus tomorrow.

Next wish - DL Hall first out of pen behind him tomorrow afternoon!

41 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Lots of goodness in this lineup.

Interested to hear what GRod’s velocity is like.

Love seeing Westburg and Henderson playing.  I would like to see how Henderson looks at SS, personally.  A flash of the future hopefully with both playing on the left side. 

1 hour ago, CaptDbog said:

Love seeing Westburg and Henderson playing.  I would like to see how Henderson looks at SS, personally.  A flash of the future hopefully with both playing on the left side. 

Maybe. I still think Westburg ends up at 2B with Henderson at 3B and Ortiz at SS (if Ortiz can prove it with the bat this year). But I can't say I'd be mad if it ends up being Westburg, Henderson, Norby third to second. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Maybe. I still think Westburg ends up at 2B with Henderson at 3B and Ortiz at SS (if Ortiz can prove it with the bat this year). But I can't say I'd be mad if it ends up being Westburg, Henderson, Norby third to second. 

What a great problem to have. I'm not high on Norby but could certainly have an impact on a good O's team. Westburg's arm for 2nd base would be great, imagine double plays with him and Henderson.