2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The guy has pitched like 7 innings.  I wouldn’t get too worked up about his ERA.

I'll take blame for the reverse jinx tonight if the Orioles have one of those games where an unknown pitcher gives up one earned run in six innings pitched. Adley has to have a rest once in awhile where he isn't the DH.

Also if the game dictates it I'm sure Adley is available as a pinch hitter and potential late innings catcher.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Detmers is a LHP so O’Hearn not starting is to be expected. If the game is close or in doubt then expect O’Hearn to enter the game. 

I know it's because a LHP is starting and it's idiotic. 

There is zero excuse for why our OPS leader should be sitting on the bench.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Detmers is a LHP so O’Hearn not starting is to be expected. If the game is close or in doubt then expect O’Hearn to enter the game. 

Detmers has reverse splits — LH batters are putting up much better numbers against him than RH batters this season. I have a bad feeling he’s going to shut us down tonight. 

3 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Detmers has reverse splits — LH batters are putting up much better numbers against him than RH batters this season. I have a bad feeling he’s going to shut us down tonight. 

Ok now that changes things if Detmers has reverse splits, but he’s pretty mediocre the Orioles should be able to beat him with this lineup. 

10 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I see a career .562 OPS vs lefties as a pretty decent excuse. 

He also had a career .680 OPS overall before this year, so no, that’s not a valid excuse. As far as I’m concerned you can throw his career numbers out the window, he’s a totally new guy with the O’s. He’s also got a 1.018 OPS vs. lefties this year. That’s a SSS obviously, but the reason it’s a SSS is Hyde refuses to give him ABs against them. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

He also had a career .680 OPS overall before this year, so no, that’s not a valid excuse. As far as I’m concerned you can throw his career numbers out the window, he’s a totally new guy with the O’s. He’s also got a 1.018 OPS vs. lefties this year. That’s a SSS obviously, but the reason it’s a SSS is Hyde refuses to give him ABs against them. 

Sure, let's throw out five years of data.  That makes sense.