2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

8 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I'm not sure I'd have Mullins start facing lefties in the playoffs after not having faced them for a month+ prior. He needs to stay sharp.

In the playoffs, I want his defensive playmaking in CF at all times. He can swing a game with his glove.

I don't think the drop off against lefties from Cedric to Hicks is dramatic enough to justify losing his glove in a playoff game, unless there's a quirky matchup thing... kinda like Hicks numbers vs. Sale.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

In the playoffs, I want his defensive playmaking in CF at all times. He can swing a game with his glove.

I don't think the drop off against lefties from Cedric to Hicks is dramatic enough to justify losing his glove in a playoff game, unless there's a quirky matchup thing... kinda like Hicks numbers vs. Sale.

No I’m saying Mullins should be playing almost every day right now so he’s not rusty against LHP when the playoffs start. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dystopia said:

No I’m saying Mullins should be playing almost every day right now so he’s not rusty against LHP when the playoffs start. 

Apparently Hyde and the training staff believe that playing every day increases the chance of injury. I'd rather have slightly rusty vs LHP Cedric than no Cedric. 

54 minutes ago, dystopia said:

He's a pro.. he'll be ready.

Honestly, if Hyde wanted this lineup to start a playoff game, I wouldn't bat an eye. It's a perfectly sensible lineup choice to start as long as you're ready to switch gears later in the game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, waroriole said:

You’re welcome

HA 

Hey man, I’ll take a reverse jinx anytime if it works.

I’d like to see Ced hitting better but going with Hicks over Ced against a tough lefty in Sale was the right move for today. I suspect that it may also just coincidentally/conveniently be Ced’s day off today.