2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Yikes, I didn't see that. He did steal two bases in one game in the HOU series, which was great to see. I am fine with Hicks in CF as long as it takes to get Cedric 100% for the playoffs.

McKenna has better defense but Hicks is hot with the bat right now and a hard throwing RHP like Bieber is the last person you want to see McKenna bat against.   

That’s a nice lineup today.

I wonder how much of that lineup you see in the playoffs?

Defensively, it’s probably the best lineup we can put out there and obviously the status of Mounty matters as well but one thing I find interesting is who do you  play at the second, SS and third? Mateo’s role is seemingly pinch runner but do you value his speed and defense over say the bat of Frazier? Do you want the speed off the bench or the bat?

Or do you determine that you feel the moment is too big for Westburg and he is the guy off the bench, despite the good defense?

We are to the final couple weeks of deliberation and data gathering whether that Holliday kid can take the Mateo spot at the end.

Yesterday Junior Caminero hit MLB's 4th best EV in his debut....we know Holliday can't do that, but its talent playing.     The final homestand it would be nice if one of Frazier, Urias or Mateo could show some kind of good form.    I guess any of them even not at their best would have fit in '83's Cruz-Dauer-Dempsey Three Stooges.

42 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That’s a nice lineup today.

I wonder how much of that lineup you see in the playoffs?

Defensively, it’s probably the best lineup we can put out there and obviously the status of Mounty matters as well but one thing I find interesting is who do you  play at the second, SS and third? Mateo’s role is seemingly pinch runner but do you value his speed and defense over say the bat of Frazier? Do you want the speed off the bench or the bat?

Or do you determine that you feel the moment is too big for Westburg and he is the guy off the bench, despite the good defense?

Am I the only one who thinks Frazier should be in the lineup every day in a pennant race?    Just kidding.....someone had to say it.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

I’m sure this has been discussed elsewhere but is Kjerstad considered a DH only at the MLB level? That’s a significant degradation of his value if so

I'd guess right now it is a Lee May/Eddie Murray sort of situation.     Next year and certainly after Kjerstad is pretty likely a better RF than Santander, but these few weeks rocking the boat....whatever juice may or may not be there right now isn't worth the squeeze.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I'd guess right now it is a Lee May/Eddie Murray sort of situation.     Next year and certainly after Kjerstad is pretty likely a better RF than Santander, but these few weeks rocking the boat....whatever juice may or may not be there right now isn't worth the squeeze.

I think that's right, except I'm not convinced that Kjerstad (I keep wanting to add a "t" at the end of his name) will be better than Santander next year, at least in home games. I think Santander is pretty good in a small RF like Camden Yards, and I haven't seen Kjerstad's arm enough to think he'll throw as well or better than Tony.