Home teams dugout

sevens

Hope this is the right place too post this.

Do all American league teams have the home team dugout on the firstbase side ?

If not, does anyone know which dugout the Rangers use for home games ?

Just wondering as I am thinking of buying tickets to see the O's Play at Arlington stadium in September.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Go O's :002_sbiggrin:

Hope this is the right place too post this.

Do all American league teams have the home team dugout on the firstbase side ?

If not, does anyone know which dugout the Rangers use for home games ?

Just wondering as I am thinking of buying tickets to see the O's Play at Arlington stadium in September.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Go O's :002_sbiggrin:

The Rangers sit on the first-base side. I was there a couple of weeks ago.

The Nats' dugout is on the third base side.

Which is a little weird because the Senators used the first base dugout at RFK. I'm guessing the Nats are using the old Redskins locker room due to upgrades made over the years and that its access is to the third base dugout.

I wish the Orioles were still on the third base side like they were at Memorial.

Uhhh doesn't that depend on which way the individual stadium is situated? Or do you mean just for OPACY?

I could be mistaken, but I believe every MLB stadium is facing north (therefore the sun would set over third base). Keeps the sun out of the batter/pitcher's eye. I may be wrong, there may be some facing south...which I guess would have the same affect on batter/pitcher vision...but every time I hear about the shadows creeping onto the field during those twilight games, the shadows always are coming from third base, no matter what stadium it's in.

I could be mistaken, but I believe every MLB stadium is facing north (therefore the sun would set over third base). Keeps the sun out of the batter/pitcher's eye. I may be wrong, there may be some facing south...which I guess would have the same affect on batter/pitcher vision...but every time I hear about the shadows creeping onto the field during those twilight games, the shadows always are coming from third base, no matter what stadium it's in.

I can't vouch for whether this is still strictly maintained in newer stadium projects, but you are absolutely correct that the "traditional" stadium orientation has the batter looking northeast toward the mound/CF, and the pitcher looking southwest toward the plate.

Hence the term "southpaw" to describe a lefthanded pitcher.

Hence RF being the "sun" field.

Archived