2B Cesar Prieto

SS Collin Burns

3B Coby Mayo

C   Connor Pavalony

LF John Rhodes

CF Donta Williams

RF Heston Kjerstad

DH TT Bowens

Teter could start at Aberdeen but he did well there last year before his season ended early last year and they did bring him over for the ST game (2-3 hr) so I’ve got him here.  Does Haskin repeat Bowie with a crowded Norfolk situation?   Stay tuned.

Pitching 

Noah Denoyer

Justin Armbruester

Cade Povich

Chayse McDermott

Peter Van Loon

Connor Gillispie

Houston Roth

Daniel Stauffer

Jake Prizina

Ignacio Feliz

Easton Lucas

Connor Loeprich

Xavier Moore

Not much to say here.  Interesting starting rotation.  I don’t see any real prospects in the bullpen unless Feliz or Moore pleasantly surprise.

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I think Denoyer could be in AAA. He is already on the 40 man. They will want him to be MLB ready sooner rather than later

As a reliever, maybe.  Denoyer started 4 games all of last year, with 3 at  Bowie.   He pitched into the 5th inning a total of two times all year.  If they want him to start games, I’m pretty sure he’ll be doing that at Bowie.

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

As a reliever, maybe.  Denoyer started 4 games all of last year, with 3 at  Bowie.   He pitched into the 5th inning a total of two times all year.  If they want him to start games, I’m pretty sure he’ll be doing that at Bowie.

That appears how they are grooming him. Either middle relief or 3-4 inning starter. I don't see why he couldn't do that in Norfolk, or even get stretched out further. I also overheard at the park one day that he was supposed to be promoted at the end of last year but had a health issue. 

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That appears how they are grooming him. Either middle relief or 3-4 inning starter. I don't see why he couldn't do that in Norfolk, or even get stretched out further. I also overheard at the park one day that he was supposed to be promoted at the end of last year but had a health issue. 

I guess we’ll see.  I’ll stick with Bowie though.  That’s where I think he starts.

While not much, Van Loon and Roth were two of the top starters for Aberdeen last season, I believe going 1-2 in wins. Van Loon seemed more polished, while Roth had more strike outs. What was more impressive, Roth had surgery before last season for an issue that was causing extreme fatigue, so it’ll be interesting (to me atleast) to see how he does after a full and healthy off season.

• Upvote 1

Hoping this is the year Burns starts to get some recognition.  

If you get a chance to see Teter, you know he revels in the fact that he's playing ball!  Always talking, smiling, and having fun playing the game.  He's a big kid enjoying life's blessings however far it takes him.  

Thanks for putting this together, seems about right.

As I speculated in another thread, my guess is that one of O'Hearn, Lester, Diaz or Terry will end up here as well as an overqualified 1B/DH/ corner outfield ringer.

Quick note, it is Collin Burns, not Connor Burns. I know we have a ton of Connor's in the minors, but he isn't one of them!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Thanks for putting this together, seems about right.

As I speculated in another thread, my guess is that one of O'Hearn, Lester, Diaz or Terry will end up here as well as an overqualified 1B/DH/ corner outfield ringer.

Quick note, it is Collin Burns, not Connor Burns. I know we have a ton of Connor's in the minors, but he isn't one of them!

Thanks.  Fixed.

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Nice threads. I'm guessing you're mostly accurate. Very interesting to see talent at all levels. So many interesting guys to watch this year.

They will probably wind up being about 70% accurate.

• 2 weeks later...