Paul Skenes

15 hours ago, Just Regular said:

https://www.espn.com/college-baseball/boxscore/_/gameId/401553520

Skenes used 123 pitches Saturday to beat Tennessee in the Opener, so he'll just be cheering on Dylan Crews and the rest of Ben's Tigers tonight as they play #1 Wake Forest for prime position opposite 2-0 Florida in the other half of the bracket.

We'll see if/when they bring him back this week.

I heard Stanford used someone projected as about a 5th round pick 150+ pitches in a complete game earlier in the tournament.     It may or may not have been the highlight of his baseball career.

Just ridiculous in this day and age.  

Skenes facing Lowder, a top pitcher for #1 Wake Forest, in the winner take all game to advance to the 3-game final.

Saturday he averaged 99.7 with the heater, which only Hunter Greene and Bobby Miller have done in the big this year.

He's got 4 days rest tonight - finals start Saturday if they advance.

Pirates won the lottery and are in the tournament chase...the Wake Forest game was my first time seeing him and the announcers were ooohing and aaaahing with Strasburg/Prior comparisons.

Tomorrow night will be 3 days rest Thursday to Monday after the good Thursday work on 4 days short rest for an NCAA guy.     He'll have to compete with the Westburg debut and Elly visit for eyeballs though.

10 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Pirates won the lottery and are in the tournament chase...the Wake Forest game was my first time seeing him and the announcers were ooohing and aaaahing with Strasburg/Prior comparisons.

Tomorrow night will be 3 days rest Thursday to Monday after the good Thursday work on 4 days short rest for an NCAA guy.     He'll have to compete with the Westburg debut and Elly visit for eyeballs though.

I’ll be watching on my phone in between Elly & JW ABs @ OPACY.   Fun day of baseball.  

• 2 weeks later...