Adley Rutschman 2023

SilverRocket

How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?

7 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

Totally agree. And completely disagree with the poster you quoted who said the Rays are the best team in baseball. They have a great pitching staff and are by far the best organization at developing and optimizing pitchers - both starters and relievers - but they're not the best team in baseball. Their offense isn't anywhere near the best in baseball from a talent perspective, even though they've been beating up on the absolute worst pitching staffs in baseball. We just saw the Orioles take advantage in the same way against the A's (who have the worst team in baseball in terms of talent, and both offense and pitching).

I actually like seeing the Rays start out so hot. I think they'll wind up between 10-20 games above .500 for the season, meaning they'll be playing close to .500 ball the rest of the way. So hopefully that bodes well for the head-to-head matchups against the Orioles.

Tampa probably had more injuries than any ML team last year and still won 86 games.  Probably have the best pitching in the majors.  Wander Franco is looking like he will have a breakout year.  Lots of young hitters who will probably improve.  I guess we'll see how the year plays out. 

I might even front load the contract for the long term. Because at this youthful part of his career, we can safely project the production will be worth it. I think front loading the contract has a lot of benefits for both sides in the deal. Adley gets a huge raise and find it worth the extension, and the orioles get the hard part of the deal through when it's also worth it for them.  Then with the front load, they aren't risking as much resources later on when the years and wear and tear start to pile up.

I think that would be a win-win.

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

What does that mean? I haven't collected in forever so it's certainly passed me by.

If someone does something of note (like a walkoff homer) Topps makes a card of it that’s available for 24 hours. They’ll print as many orders as they get and then they won’t print it again. However many orders they get, that’s it. 

I think they printed about 9,000 copies for Adley’s big opening day performance. 

I’ve ordered a few, John Means no-hitter, some Ohtani ones.  They’re pretty cool. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If someone does something of note (like a walkoff homer) Topps makes a card of it that’s available for 24 hours. They’ll print as many orders as they get and then they won’t print it again. However many orders they get, that’s it. 

I think they printed about 9,000 copies for Adley’s big opening day performance. 

I’ve ordered a few, John Means no-hitter, some Ohtani ones.  They’re pretty cool. 

Nice. That's something I'd like to get.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

When they do these are they more about the player or the event?  Did Mountcastle get one for 9 rbi?

He did.  Picked that one up, too.

It’s more about the event, I believe. If some random guy for the Cubs got 9 RBI in a game, he’d get a card. 

But it also has to do with the player. Last year Gunnar and Adley got cards for their ML debuts. Got both of those, too. If it’s a high profile prospect they’ll get a card. 

• Thanks 1