Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So you are calling posters "ladies" you are talking about players being out of shape.  You are making comments about chicks and folks dating super models. 

I think I'm glad I've never met you in real life.

You come off as a real piece of work.

Isn't there a 4chan forum missing their moderator? 

Simmer down, boomer.  You take this message board stuff a little too seriously sometimes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

A few weeks ago I'd have agreed with you.

I think he's regressed into what we expected.

Yeah, he had a hot streak and it was fun.  He's had some key hits and moments along the way.  He's flashed more power.

It's very fair to think that he finishes the season as the guy we all thought he'd be.  And I'm in no way saying that I think he should still be the starter....I'm just saying, he hasn't been as bad as I thought he'd be.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

This.  For the most part only the games 10-20 best hitters stay consistent over the course of the year, and even then the best have slumps.

Yet, there seems to be some desire for a roster where every player meets that criteria and the fact is that's just not how it happens.

Frobby hit it on the head here that short (1 month) slumps are expected.  Executives, coaches, they already know that and maybe they ramp back a little on starts but they always understand you have to get guys ABs or they never get out of that slump.  And you hope that the cycles among your players don't sync up and lead to long term losing streaks - which they haven't here - but see Pittsburgh.

If a slump persists then maybe there's a change, or a roster shake up (again see PGH calling up Hwnry Davis).  But as long as the Orioles are maintaining a winning record I see no need to panic and make changes because you think the grass may be greener with a prospect who has never seen MLB pitching.

Yea, that’s exactly what people are doing..panicking.  Wtf?!?  

7 minutes ago, RarityFlaherty said:

Maybe it wouldn’t feel like crying if someone was actually bringing up something new. We’ve heard the same arguments for why we shouldn’t have signed Frazier over and over again. It all just sounds ridiculous at this point. 

Then don’t read it

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

This forum is full of overweight 50 year olds who have barely picked up a baseball in their life talking about they could draft, develop and field a team of winning baseball on a severe budget restriction.

Speak for yourself!  I, for one, am an overweight 66-year old!  At least I play softball regularly…. 😎

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RarityFlaherty said:

Maybe it wouldn’t feel like crying if someone was actually bringing up something new. We’ve heard the same arguments for why we shouldn’t have signed Frazier over and over again. It all just sounds ridiculous at this point. 

I guess maybe it seems new to me.. because I go away for a few weeks.. and things have changed.

Frazier actually had some surprisingly good weeks.

Good enough that Frobby was justifiably able to publicly flog me for calling Frazier a replacement level journeyman.

Then a month went by... and Frazier was looking more like end-phase Chris Davis.

So I jumped right in gave that Frobby guy a piece of my mind... how dare he think that Frazier wasn't a replacement level journeyman... blah blah blah.

Hell.. it even got a little heated... But he's a great guy... and I'm not a horrible guy... so we're back to being decent to one another... and talking about this and other things..

It's a baseball forum. And honestly as relatively tame one. You want to see a freak show.... go to an NFL forum.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

A few weeks ago I'd have agreed with you.

I think he's regressed into what we expected.

He has an fWAR of ZERO! That is a SEASON LONG stat.

He’s exactly who we thought he was.

As for people crying like babies over the conversation being brought up…well, when he was “doing good”, people couldn’t wait to gloat about it.

Now, those same people are either cowards and wont discuss it or they move the goal posts to other reasons, like the team is winning.

It’s a way of trying to distract people from the idea that most of the board was right about him and the waste of a signing he was and always has been.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, owknows said:

I guess maybe it seems new to me.. because I go away for a few weeks.. and things have changed.

Frazier actually had some surprisingly good weeks.

Good enough that Frobby was justifiably able to publicly flog me for calling Frazier a replacement level journeyman.

Then a month went by... and Frazier was looking more like end-phase Chris Davis.

So I jumped right in gave that Frobby guy a piece of my mind... how dare he think that Frazier wasn't a replacement level journeyman... blah blah blah.

Hell.. it even got a little heated... But he's a great guy... and I'm not a horrible guy... so we're back to being decent to one another... and talking about this and other things..

It's a baseball forum. And honestly as relatively tame one. You want to see a freak show.... go to an NFL forum.

He’s a pro athlete..he’s going to have times where he looks good. I don’t think we need to treat it as anything more than that.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He has an fWAR of ZERO! That is a SEASON LONG stat.

He’s exactly who we thought he was.

As for people crying like babies over the conversation being brought up…well, when he was “doing good”, people couldn’t wait to gloat about it.

Now, those same people are either cowards and wont discuss it or they move the goal posts to other reasons, like the team is winning.

It’s a way of trying to distract people from the idea that most of the board was right about him and the waste of a signing he was and always has been.

We are 45-28 and you have a giant wedgie about it all.