Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Right. I’m expecting a performance that you said. I actually don’t think think he will be a 620 OPS guy although that’s possible. I think he will be better than that.

I just don’t care. Much rather have other people there and that 8M spent elsewhere.

Me too, though of course I’d like to see Frazier have a great year to make me feel better about the move.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Me too, though of course I’d like to see Frazier have a great year to make me feel better about the move.  

Same. There's no reason to keep rehashing the signing...at this point I just hope he has a good season and they somehow figure a way to keep the guys in the MiL moving along.

• Upvote 1

I am curious to see Frazier get a start in the OF.  Based on what we have seen so far this season (Hyde hates Stowers) we might be able to put our best lineup on the field with Frazier in the OF with Mullins / Hays and Santander at DH.

What I don't know is how good of an OF Frazier is? Will he be better defensively than Santander? 

1 hour ago, RVAOsFan said:

I am curious to see Frazier get a start in the OF.  Based on what we have seen so far this season (Hyde hates Stowers) we might be able to put our best lineup on the field with Frazier in the OF with Mullins / Hays and Santander at DH.

What I don't know is how good of an OF Frazier is? Will he be better defensively than Santander? 

I think Frazier is our best defensive 2B though. Putting him in OF allows Urias or Vavra to hit, but squeezes Stowers. Putting him at 2B squeezes Urias/Vavra but I think I'd rather have his defense at 2B and Stowers' bat. 

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I think Frazier is our best defensive 2B though. Putting him in OF allows Urias or Vavra to hit, but squeezes Stowers. Putting him at 2B squeezes Urias/Vavra but I think I'd rather have his defense at 2B and Stowers' bat. 

Right I would like to see Stowers bat too, I guess what I was trying to say is it doesn't look like Hyde plans on using Stowers.  So taking him out of the equation I would rather see Urias and Frazier in the lineup vs McKenna or even Vavra.

1 hour ago, RVAOsFan said:

Right I would like to see Stowers bat too, I guess what I was trying to say is it doesn't look like Hyde plans on using Stowers.  So taking him out of the equation I would rather see Urias and Frazier in the lineup vs McKenna or even Vavra.

He literally used him yesterday. Fenway is a weird park since they needed to have Hays in RF and were clearly worried about our LF options handling the wall. Lets maybe wait more than 3 games before declaring that Hyde hates Stowers. I'll agree with you if he's still playing 1/4 of the games after a few weeks. 

8 minutes ago, TheWall said:

He literally used him yesterday. Fenway is a weird park since they needed to have Hays in RF and were clearly worried about our LF options handling the wall. Lets maybe wait more than 3 games before declaring that Hyde hates Stowers. I'll agree with you if he's still playing 1/4 of the games after a few weeks. 

Maybe I reading too much into it but pulling Stowers in the 9th for a defensive sub and not Santander said a lot about how he feels about Stowers defense.

16 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Maybe I reading too much into it but pulling Stowers in the 9th for a defensive sub and not Santander said a lot about how he feels about Stowers defense.

I think it was more about keeping Santander's switch-hitting bat in the lineup if the game went into extras. 

Been thinking about 2nd base and we got a serious logjam here.

• Frazier - regular starter
  • Urias - utillity infeilder, backup at second among other spots coming off a gold glove season
  • Vavra - 2nd base is primary position, MLB roster and just gets on base.
  • Westburg - first man up from minors?   If long term plan for O's it's probably at 2B considering other options at 3rd and SS.
  • Ortiz - 2nd man up?  SS ready, but where does he fit in an IF with Henderson, Westeburg, Mayo (not to mention Mateo).
  • Norby!  Only led the Orioles MiLB in homers and off to a great start in AAA.
  • Prieto - big international signing last year, appears very capable at 23 years old.

That's at least 7 guys that are legitimate MLB players or prospects or better.  

Feel bad for Norby  - he deserves a shot I just don't see how it happens in Baltimore.

30 minutes ago, connja said:

• Urias - utillity infeilder, backup at second among other spots coming off a gold glove season
  • Westburg - first man up from minors?   If long term plan for O's it's probably at 2B considering other options at 3rd and SS.
  • Ortiz - 2nd man up?  SS ready, but where does he fit in an IF with Henderson, Westeburg, Mayo (not to mention Mateo).
  • Prieto - big international signing last year, appears very capable at 23 years old.

Feel bad for Norby  - he deserves a shot I just don't see how it happens in Baltimore.

Unfortunately for Westburg, he could get passed by either Norby or Ortiz if the latter two significantly outperform him in Norfolk.   There is a good chance 1-2 of those three in Norfolk, are traded by the end of the 2023 season.  

Edited by ChuckS

41 minutes ago, connja said:

With all this rising talent in the farm system you would hope Elias could trade some of that excess for pitching help or a plus bat. (I know ownership's limited appetite for additional payroll could limit what Elias can do to compete.)

1 hour ago, connja said:

December 15, 2022 is Groundhogs Day!  

"I have been stabbed, shot, poisoned, frozen, hung, electrocuted, and burned."

"There is no way that this winter is ever going to end as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow.  I don't see any other way out."

• 2 weeks later...