DL Hall 2023

justD

Just now, ChosenOne21 said:

He had his velocity as a reliever, if I recall. They just seem hell-bent on making him a starter and it's been a pretty obvious case of square peg, round hole for a while now.

He didn’t have his velocity this summer period. He’s messed up. He’s so messed up that he’s not pitching in competitive games at any level. They could really use him in the pen now if he was effective. I am very pessimistic about his future. Such an odd situation. 

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ding! Ding! Ding.

D.L. Just pitched an inning in the FCL.  1 IP, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts.  Perhaps we’ll get a report on velo.  Might have to rely on Eric_Birdland for that.

Dear Other MLB GMs,

See, everything is fine. We weren’t trying to keep D.L. on the DL — we were just re-calibrating a few things. And now he’s back, stronger than ever, ready to headline any deal. 18.0 K/9 since his return. Speaks for itself. We will not be fielding further questions. 

Very truly yours,

Mike Elias

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Dear Other MLB GMs,

See, everything is fine. We weren’t trying to keep D.L. on the DL — we were just re-calibrating a few things. And now he’s back, stronger than ever, ready to headline any deal. 18.0 K/9 since his return. Speaks for itself. We will not be fielding further questions. 

Very truly yours,

Mike Elias

That’s certainly one realm of thought.  I think, no doubt, he’s being put out there as a trade chip.  I do think there is the other side of it which is they were hoping he’d be a bullpen piece down the stretch.

• Upvote 2