DL Hall 2023

justD

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Yes the updated box score says Tate is who pitched the 7th.

It was showing Hall with 110 pitches and 7 IP. 

Thanks for the updates!  Hall going 7 and 110 pitches seemed kind of crazy.

Sounds like Tate didn't have a very clean inning but his velo was up around 93-94.  

12 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Tate came in bot 7th.

Flyball left field, BB, bloop to LF, GIDP

Stuff looked pretty good, but not a lot of control.

Started behind to all batters. 

Any thoughts on how Hall looked today? Did you see any of his outing? 

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

Any thoughts on how Hall looked today? Did you see any of his outing? 

Gonna watch.  Just finished  work and turned it on in the 6th.  6th he looked OK.  First batter I saw was a BB….so I’ll try to keep an open mind when I start back in 1st. 

• Upvote 1

I totally jinxed Hall.  Saw this thread, turned on GameDay, and first thing he did was give up a 2 run homer after several 2-strike pitches.  He was one strike away from a 6 inning shutout.  I’ll still call it a very good outing.  First time he’s gone 6 IP since last July 22.  He only did it once last year and once in 2021 as well.  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I totally jinxed Hall.  Saw this thread, turned on GameDay, and first thing he did was give up a 2 run homer after several 2-strike pitches.  He was one strike away from a 6 inning shutout.  I’ll still call it a very good outing.  First time he’s gone 6 IP since last July 22.  He only did it once last year and once in 2021 as well.  

He ran out of gas.  Pitched well overall.  I think he has changed his approach and how he plans to attack hitters. 

22 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

He ran out of gas.  Pitched well overall.  I think he has changed his approach and how he plans to attack hitters. 

Our flamethrower has become Jamie Moyer.  In all seriousness, this is a positive.  I'm glad he's trying everything he can to develop into a MLB SP.  

Edited by sportsfan8703

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Our flamethrower has become Jamie Moyer.  In all seriousness, this is a positive.  I'm glad he's trying everything he can to develop into a MLB SP.  

I think this would limit his ceiling.  I'm not sure Hall at 92-93 is much more than a back of the rotation guy even if he can command his stuff at the lower velocity.

I don't think you "throttle down" 5 MPH.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think this would limit his ceiling.  I'm not sure Hall at 92-93 is much more than a back of the rotation guy even if he can command his stuff at the lower velocity.

I don't think you "throttle down" 5 MPH.

I think once he gets some things adjusted and starts landing the FB, he will ratchet it up a bit.  Still misses a lot glove arm side with the FB.   Wasn’t super wild, but very little fastball control.  

Or he’s hurt or just on beginning phases of his program.  

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well we don't know if he's intentionally throttling back on velocity or it's something else.  I would argue whatever the reason for the significant and consistent drop in velocity it's not a good thing for him or the O's.  A few years ago, I read scouting reports that believed his raw stuff was even better than Grayson's......and now he's looking like Rom.

25 minutes ago, Otter said:

Well we don't know if he's intentionally throttling back on velocity or it's something else.  I would argue whatever the reason for the significant and consistent drop in velocity it's not a good thing for him or the O's.  A few years ago, I read scouting reports that believed his raw stuff was even better than Grayson's......and now he's looking like Rom.

We do know why..the back injury. He talked about it after his outing in the majors.