Wednesday, April 19: Orioles try for their first series sweep of the year in Washington

SteveA

Riding the Metro back to my car in Greenbelt...some post game thoughts: 

Defense has kind of been sucky lately.

Nats are pretty pathetic.

Things are definitely different this year now that we are "trying".  Irvin being sent down after just 3 starts, Cionel being Yankees pretty quickly in the 8th.  There are Angelos-impoaed budget restrictions, but otherwise it sure looks to me like Elias and Hyde are trying to win more this year than any previous years. 

Highly recommend "Chicken & Whiskey" right across from right center field for pregame.  Peruvian style chicken and a great collection of whiskey/bourbon/rye to choose from, in cocktail form or straight up.  Like anything else near Nats Park it's expensive, but I had enough good food and 3 strong cocktails there before the game so I didn't need to pay the ridiculous ballpark prices for anything during the game.

Any post game word on Mateo?

26 consecutive scoreless innings!

Taking care of business vs the weaker teams.  If not for the McKenna drop, our only series loss would be to New York.  Keep stacking Ws, as John Harbaugh likes to say.

If Astros hold on bs Toronto we'll be no worse than tied for the #1 wild card spot and 3rd bea record in the AL.

13 hours ago, NCRaven said:

I’m a huge Mountcastle booster.  He should have had that.  He shouldn’t have pick so many Henderson throws out of the dirt.

Dead Horse here!! I've been on the Mountcastle goes brain deed on throws in the dirt since last year. He will use good mechanics until he doesn't. No other explanation than he just goes to sleep on plays.  Maybe he needs some of CD's Adderall? (I hope I didn't just break a OH rule).