I'm sure of this....Swept by the Braves.

ShoelesJoe

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wife's outta town, kid's usually in bed by 6:30-7.  I've got nothing else to do tonight other than sit around.  Part of me wants to watch tonight's game but another part of me just wants to watch a movie.

Just do both at the same time.

Not like either requires a person's full concentration.

Lets try to have a LITTLE more faith in our boys than this fellas.  Atlanta isn't going to run us out of the ballpark.  Its going to be a tough series, and we may very well lose all three, but these guys won't go down without a fight.  If they've proven nothing else so far this year, they've proven that.

Who knows, maybe we get a little repeat of the Bradish/Kremer back to back performances we say in Houston in late August last year. I don't think anyone saw that coming then. Both have shown they're capable of such things.

Its bad enough to give up when we're down 4-0 in the third or whatever.  Lets not give up before a pitch is even thrown!

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Lets try to have a LITTLE more faith in our boys than this fellas.  Atlanta isn't going to run us out of the ballpark.  Its going to be a tough series, and we may very well lose all three, but these guys won't go down without a fight.  If they've proven nothing else so far this year, they've proven that.

Who knows, maybe we get a little repeat of the Bradish/Kremer back to back performances we say in Houston in late August last year. I don't think anyone saw that coming then. Both have shown they're capable of such things.

Its bad enough to give up when we're down 4-0 in the third or whatever.  Lets not give up before a pitch is even thrown!

These threads are a sad attempt to engineer a reverse jinx.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

These threads are a sad attempt to engineer a reverse jinx.

Yeah I know, but as someone said earlier in the thread, at some point that backfires!  Just providing a little counterbalance accordingly.

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It doesn't backfire, because jinxes aren't an actual thing.

I dunno... Moose was seemingly single-handedly jinxing everything this past series against the Royals in the game thread.  It was uncanny.  

Edited by Mooreisbetter27
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

You are correct in that it is baseball so anything can happen.

However, I don't have much faith in Kremer and Bradish though, they bad have been REALLY BAD this season thus far, especially Kremer.

I don't see being honest about the reality of the talent gap between the 2 teams as giving up. But even if we all "give up" it will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of tonight's game. The players between the white lines will decide that. 

10 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

At this rate the 'pen will be burned out by Memorial Day.  

Will Givens be activated for this series? He's pitched well in two rehab outings and if Givens feels ready then he needs to be activated. One arm won't magically fix the bullpen, but it will give Hyde another late innings option and stop having to lean on Bautista so hard.

36 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Baseball gods is not a real thing also. I've been waiting a long time to get that off of my chest.

“If the Gods are f**king you, you find a way to f**k them back. It's Baltimore, gentlemen; the Gods will not save you.”

• Haha 1