Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

Just now, SemperFi said:

That throw is one of the reason Stowers is not playing everyday.  Even though he had plenty of time he was not lined up correctly to make that throw, it sailed and Acuna advanced. I know he didn't expect him to advance mechanics are important and ittle stuff like that gets noticed.

Acuna is the one that hit the ball. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

I stepped away for a bit, are we talking about how Acuna and Olson failed with a RISP and the Braves aren't serious contenders? 😄

😂😂 the amount of griping that happens around here for a team that *checks notes* has the third best record in mlb & one of the highest scoring offenses is interesting 

3 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

How long has that been going on? Never seen it in reference to Atlanta. Not that we play them a lot or anything. 

I heard it maybe 20 years ago or so. I thought it was dead. Until now, it had nothing to do with the Braves as far as I know -- just trying to talk up Atlanta when it was growing so fast.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

I stepped away for a bit, are we talking about how Acuna and Olson failed with a RISP and the Braves aren't serious contenders? 😄

i wonder if all the fans on Braves Hangout are saying things like "I think we're going to lose now because we couldn't get that run in"

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You know, this has been a problem most of the year really besides a few games here and there. This team doesn't have many of those RBI guys. The Eddie Murray's who knew how to get runners in. They have a lot of guys that swing very hard all the time, and don't or can't make adjustments in these situations.

Maybe RBI is an overrated stat, but give me some players that can get a hit w/ RISP.  Eddie was one of the best.  Eddie must have had a couple hundred sac fly  RBI over his career.  I know the O's have had some this year, but they are few and far between.

Man, the Braves drafted Strider in the 4th round and Elder in the 5th round in 2020 (Orioles drafted Mayo and the fragile Baumler and gave them over three times the amount of money). 

We discuss that Elias is good at drafting, but the Braves show how to draft a pitching staff. 

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

i wonder if all the fans on Braves Hangout are saying things like "I think we're going to lose now because we couldn't get that run in"

If the Orioles had bothered to win a World Series title once in 40 years the fans might be more patient with their problems.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think all fans do. Well at least all fans except the orange colored glasses types that are like, "we still got a chance down 12-1 in the 9th. lol