6/3 Roster Moves: Tate to 60 day IL, Coulombe to BL, Lester recalled

Morgan423

3 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Regarding Lester, shouldn't he still have options?  He started in pro ball in 2015, but he didn't get called up to the big leagues until last year, when the Tigers gave him his debut. 

So surely he's only used one option?  If so, we don't need to DFA him when we send him back down.

I think the real issue is do you want him taking up a slot on the 40 man?

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Basically Elias saying he can pass this guy through waivers later. He has been hitting in AAA though

Lester has options. If there is a reason maybe it is wanting to keep everyone other than Lester available? If we lose him for 10 days no big deal. We don't need a reliever today so he can go back down after the game.

43 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Regarding Lester, shouldn't he still have options?  He started in pro ball in 2015, but he didn't get called up to the big leagues until last year, when the Tigers gave him his debut. 

So surely he's only used one option?  If so, we don't need to DFA him when we send him back down.

If he was on the 40 man roster any of the years prior to 2022, and spent the entire season in the minors, then he used an option that year too.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I would not be surprised to see Mountcastle sit tomorrow. 

I agree. Last night Hyde said he gave Mountcastle the night off because he's been "scuffling." So he didn't describe it as just a regular night off. 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Doubtful we see Tate this year. 

Right flexor forearm strains that need to be shut back down typical end up seeing a surgeon for TJ surgery. It may be surprising to see him next year if they don't go ahead and get it over with.

23 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Right flexor forearm strains that need to be shut back down typical end up seeing a surgeon for TJ surgery. It may be surprising to see him next year if they don't go ahead and get it over with.

As someone who likes Tate alot, this is depressing to think about. I guess I'm going to have to go back to 2022 and watch some of his highlights or the game that I still have recorded in order to see him play. Because I'm also getting the same feeling as you guys... I'm not sure we will get to see him play (and at a competitive level) this season.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Here is a guess:   Kjerstad is being promoted to AAA on Monday.  Taking Lester's spot.   So they promote Lester to the majors as a reward.   Even if it will not last long.

Just a guess.

Just saw Cowser is back with the Tides.

They still need to save a spot for Hudson Haskin to return from his Bowie rehab assignment. But I don't think it matters because there doesn't seem to be roster limitations in the minor leagues like there are in the Major League Active Roster and Secondary (40 Man) Roster. I could be wrong though.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

This makes sense and I’d be curious to know why that wasn’t done this past offseason. 

I’m assuming that they thought rehab was a good way to go but that seems to have backfired. Go ahead and get it over with, I agree. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Here is a guess:   Kjerstad is being promoted to AAA on Monday.  Taking Lester's spot.   So they promote Lester to the majors as a reward.   Even if it will not last long.

Just a guess.

Just saw Cowser is back with the Tides.

But isn't Lester a 3B and Diaz is the 1B? Unless 2 of Gunnar or Urias and Ortiz are not available this doesn't add up.