Sunday, June 11: Orioles try to get out the brooms vs KC

SteveA

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I agree he is good.  Obviously knowledgeable.   I think he feels he needs to fill the air a bit too much.  It’s ok for there to be a little silence.   I love Palmer and Ben, but Brian would be great if they weren’t available. 

Having been in the booth as a color man(and NOT my strength, btw) I can say that when you dont do it every day...you have a tendency to try and add more than you need to.Its like youre trying to impress the bosses with with what you can offer...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

Having been in the booth as a color man(and NOT my strength, btw) I can say that when you dont do it every day...you have a tendency to try and add more than you need to.Its like youre trying to impress the bosses with with what you can offer...

I’ll remember to keep my mouth shut next time I’m in the booth. 

25 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Unlike yesterday when Santander saved the runs, Ryan O’Hearn who is not an outfielder is slow to the ball and still should have caught it.  Frazier in right makes that play easily. 

Actually I was  surprised by how quickly and directly O'Hearn got to the ball -- he just didn't hold onto it.

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Wells is really a fantastic interview. 

I agree.  But I've got the game on in the background, and it's frustrating me not to hear what's going on while I'm doing tasks, and it's oddly annoying enough that I'm tempted to turn the game off until the next inning. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't like O'hearn playing in the outfield. He's slower than Santander. He struggles to cover ground.  1B is really the only spot for him unless he's DH.  

O'Hearn gets to the ball fine and may even take better routes. He just dropped that first-inning line drive.

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't like O'hearn playing in the outfield. He's slower than Santander. He struggles to cover ground.  1B is really the only spot for him unless he's DH.  

Incorrect.

Santander- 26.5 ft/sec

O'hearn-  27.3 ft/sec

This stuff is super easy to check these days.